Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

What? Is there a claims system out there that uses first and last name to adjudicate claims? I otherwise don’t understand how similar names could cause a problems.

1 Like

We have the same numbers on our health insurance cards (coverage through my job). Unless they have my wife’s SSN in their system, the only identifying information to differentiate us are first name, birthdate, and gender. Our first names are almost identical.

If the system allows for “sloppy matches” to tolerate typos, it could easily be confused.

I’d blame the pharmacy, but I’ve seen other glitches that lead me to believe the problem is on the insurer’s side.

Back when we got married, we had a problem with our credit reports getting merged for a similar reason (I was doing credit scoring at the time, and had an…“interesting” discussion with credit and data vendors).

And before Known Traveler Numbers (PreCheck/Global Entry/NEXUS) were in common use in airline profiles, when we flew together, she had to use her maiden name, or we’d trigger the dreaded SSSS on our boarding passes due to TSA being confused.

Fascinating. When I worked at a PPO, each subscriber (employee, usually) would have a subscriber ID plus a suffix, 01. Then each dependent would get 02, 03, etc. I’m surprised there are enrollment systems that do it another way.

2 Likes

A prior plan did the “01”/“02”/… thing.

The one we’ve had for the past 10 or so years does not.

Mephertos_Sidekick?

2 Likes

For the sake of discussion, let’s say “Chris” and “Chrys”. (Not our actual names…but that’s the kind of similarity.)

2 Likes

So far just a mildly sore arm.

For my first 3 shots, I was told to wait 15 minutes post shot to make sure I was not having an adverse reaction. However no one was actually checking on that. I remember after shot one I waited in my car somewhere around the guidance. Shots 2 and 3 I waited maybe 5 minutes and left. Today the pharmacist told me where to sit and wait, came back and checked on me after 10+ minutes, and then gave me permission to leave.

I just got mine, too, along with a flu shot.

There were signs instructing everyone to wear a mask and to wait 15 minutes after the covid vaccine. But neither the pharmacist nor the guy who got jabbed before me wore masks, and the pharmacist didn’t say anything about waiting. (And there wasn’t even a place for me to wait if I’d wanted to, other than standing in a random aisle.) So i thanked the pharmacist and went home.

I figured if i hadn’t had an allergic reaction from any of my prior 4 jabs, i was unlikely to have one today.

Sitting at home drinking home made electrolyte solution, as a couple of people recommended it, and hey, it’s not going to hurt.

So far, my arm is slightly sore. I expect I’ll feel worse tomorrow.

We got ours today. Fortunately all went well, but logistics could have been a disaster. After 3 Pfizers, we decided we wanted Moderna, and that was 13 miles away. We had appointments, hers 11:30, mine 12 (scheduling was at 30 minute intervals, and we did not expect we would need to wait 30 minutes between, but could not get both for 11:30). Arrived about 11:25, and CVS was locked. Note on door “Temporarily closed. Computers down. Will reopen soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.” Not all that helpful, and we could see some employees inside, not close to the door. Wife tried to call the store, but couldn’t get the voice mail system to connect her to a person. She was trying on the phone until almost 11:40, and was about to try a different tactic (checking in online that she had arrived at the store) when an employee opened the door. Things went pretty smoothly after that. An employee said the store had been closed all morning, and I didn’t ask when the “will reopen soon” sign had gone up. The person administered the shot did mention that they had to thaw the vaccine faster than usual, so I hope that won’t be a problem.

Now over 5 hours later. No side effects for me, though if I think about the arm I can believe I got a shot there. Minor discomfort for my wife (in her arm, that is; I’m being no more of a pain than usual.)

Wife swam a mile this afternoon. I walked 4 miles. Both fairly normal weekday activities, and vaccine did not complicate either.

3 Likes

Mine went more smoothly. I booked and appointment at the next town over, because i would have had to wait for next week at the local place. I got halfway there, and realized I’d left my vax card at home, so i went back to get it. That made me slightly late, and i think they took the person booked after me before me, but they took me right after that. So i didn’t wait any longer than i would have if I’d gotten there when I’d planned to.

I never did watch the video. The pharmacist just told me which vaccines i was getting (Moderna bivalent booster and flu quad booster) and he said he could put both shots in the same arm, so the one i sleep on is unjabbed.

I’m tired, and my arm is sore. But i didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, so I’d probably be tired without the vaccine. I guess we’ll see if it hits me tomorrow.

Arm was much more sore last night and woke me up a little. So far no other side effects from Pfizer #4.

ETA: I wear a fitbit, which monitors my sleep patterns. It typically scores my sleep in the high 80’s (good) to low 90’s (great), with minimal time awake each night. It gave me a 67 (fair) last night, which is my lowest score in many weeks. It says I was awake 1 hour and 37 minutes last night, but with no long periods awake.

I can tell nothing today, except very slight stiffness if I raise the arm (only as a test; raising I wouldn’t do in normal daily routine). Wife’s arm slightly sore.

My arm is quite sore today, and i have a bit of a headache. And maybe my knees ache a little more than usual. But I’ve been running around doing errands today, and basically I’m fine. This was less disruptive than the last two were.

I’ve had
1 Pfizer initial dose
2 Pfizer second dose
3 J&J booster
4 Moderna second booster
5 Moderna bivalent booster.

And from “feel sickest” to “least impact” I’d rank them

3>>>4>>5>2>1

I’d kind of wanted to get Novavax for my fall booster (gotta catch em all) but their bivalent booster hasn’t been approved, yet. Maybe next year.

I’m getting my shot tomorrow. Its weird that I’ve gone from considering what lie I should say to get my shot to considering if I should get a shot at all. But its the least I can do for my gf, who survived chemo, my dad, who has been in and out of the hospital, my gf’s 90 y/o dad and her nephew who has ESRD and can’t get vaccinated.

2 Likes

My arm is still a bit sore today, though. It’s just an annoying soreness, not an “interferes with stuff” soreness. But i do notice it.

Got dose 6 last week. The guy thought I was trying to cheat for additional doses until I pointed out my fifth was in July. The CDC for a while was allowing fifth doses (third boosters) for people with my condition so I booked and showed up the day they announced that, and that pharmacy also thought I was cheating.

After calling the pharmacist over and explaining the situation, and showing that my general vaccination card said I was overdue on COVID-19, he said go ahead.

This is the first one I didn’t feel anything negative from.

1 Like

Just curious: my vaccination card has 4 slots and all are full now. Did they issue you a new card with more slots, give you a second card, or something else altogether?

STOP BRAGGING! lol

This

2 Likes