Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Scheduled for 10/10, COVID & Flu.

I got shingles vaccine 2 weeks ago - knocked me on my ass the next day.
Got Flu shot Saturday, just lethargic day of shot no other side effects.
Going to try to schedule COVID booster for this Friday hoping for closer to flu shot side effects than shingles.
Not looking forward to the return shot for shingles in 2-6 months.

1 Like

I’m scheduled for my updated boost on 10/3. The pharmacist let my gf skip the queue due to her health history. She’s currently in the bedroom with a fever and achy muscles, eating chicken soup and praying she has to go through this at most 1x per year.

(The pharmacist probably would have let me have my shot too since we live together, but I wasn’t with her at the pharmacy)

When I had my first shingles shot the side effects were way worse than any Covid or flu shot. Second dose was no problem. Hope it goes well for you too.

1 Like

I think I got that link too. Didn’t watch the video. Got jabbed. It’s conceivable that in the stuff I signed buried somewhere maybe I said that I watched it???

I definitely didn’t intentionally lie… I truly just forgot to watch the video. I probably would’ve watched it if I’d remembered, mainly out of curiosity.

I’d be shocked if they make you attest to having watched a video about getting vaccinated.

pretty sure i received it for the first shot also.

I definitely had to watch a video before the first shot… explaining the difference between EUA and full FDA approval. But you were forced to watch it onsite while waiting. I don’t think I had to attest to watching it, but there was really no way to avoid it.

Now that they’ve got full FDA approval… I’m not sure what the video is. Are the boosters still operating on an EUA?

Weird. I have not heard of any video and have gotten four covid shots.

3 Likes

Hmm, I had to watch it for the first two (same place), but not the third (at least not that I recall… different place, and possibly after FDA approval?) and then the fourth was at CVS where they sent a link to a video that I never watched, but did in fact get the shot.

never “had” to watch it

I got my initial shots at a hospital. Well, really at a hotel across the street from the hospital, that they rented to open a vaccine clinic. Definitely no video. The nurse read a lot of info so i could give informed consent.

It probably included that it was only an eua? I know there was nothing unexpected.

Curious if anybody has actually watched the video. Is it just basic vaccine info, or is it stuff like “The vaccine you will get is based on unproven technology that was rushed to market.” I could see a right leaning legislature (or company Board of Directors) requiring something like that.

I didn’t even notice the video link when I got the reminder from CVS, but I checked after seeing this thread and I did get one. I watched it. It’s boring details about procedure: arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment, you can check in electronically for your appt, you need to wait after your shot to make sure you aren’t having a reaction,…

i thought this was standard, but when i got my booster at walgreens nobody told me to stay a little while after. i took it upon myself to, but wasn’t told. they probably just don’t give a shit if i fall down dead in the streets.

neither was i this time

Huh, it never even dawned on me that it was a state requirement. The one I watched way back was pretty unbiased IMO. Explained that none of the vaccines were FDA approved, but the EUA meant that the vaccine makers hadn’t gone through the full process for approval but experts agreed that the vaccine was considered safe and the risk of getting vaccinated was significantly less than the risk of staying unvaccinated … stuff along those lines.

I specifically asked the pharmacist about this after she jabbed me and she said since I’d had the Pfizer vaccine before, I did not need to wait. CVS. :woman_shrugging:

would a person suddenly have a reaction if they didn’t before? maybe that’s why they didn’t say anything to me. it was my 2nd moderna.

1 Like

I could imagine there being some minor risk of badness with a second job, due to some weird acquired immune response something or another.

When Mrs Sidekick and I got our fifth doses of Pfizer a couple of weeks ago, the vaccinator said, essentially, “we don’t require you to wait, but it is recommended; here are some coupons to keep you in the store a little longer.”

We discovered that our health insurance doesn’t like us to have claims on the same day – our names are extremely similar and that apparently screws up the system. (My 5th COVID shot was initially denied due to “duplication” and “wrong birthdate”.). Also, our appointment didn’t capture that we wanted to do both flu and COVID at the same time.

So Mrs. Sidekick is getting her flu shot as I write this, and I’ll do mine in a week and a half, in combination with my second shingles shot. (I am not looking forward to that, but this will probably be the last time I have two days free to recover, in case I need them, this year.)