Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

My gf was given a 2nd card for her 5th dose.

1 Like

And now I’m part of the 2 card club because I didn’t have my vaccine card with me.

I decided to get the flu shot first, then get another booster. So far I’m at 3 Modernas. But I made an appointment at Walgreens for the flu shot tonight, and when I got there they had none.

1 Like

Did you ask them if they understood what “appointment” means?

3 Likes

That would be infuriating!

What was more infuriating was calling corporate to complain.

“That shouldn’t happen.”

Riiiight. And?

Same answer to “How can I tell that this won’t happen again if I make another appointment?”, followed by “You should just call ahead and check”

they knew how to take the appointment, but not how to hold the appointment

3 Likes

i had so many communications from CVS before, you would hope they would at least cancel you and explain

2 Likes

Last year CVS told me they might be low on flu vaccine by the time I wanted to get it, and I needed an appointment to ensure I could get it.

At least they had the vaccine when I showed up for the appointment. Wow, that must have been infuriating.

and that’s the more important part

1 Like

I’ve also run into the situation where Walgreens will let you make an appointment for a vaccine they don’t have.

Same advice that’s doled out for flying…same usefulness, too.

The holding

My sister was having covidy symptoms today which she wasn’t sure if reflux or covid. So she asked her friend who she accompanied to a party on Saturday if anyone else is covidy. apparently a bunch of people are now covidy. all tested negative at first, but now one is positive. sister is still negative and still not sure if covid or reflux. she got the omicron booster 3 WEEKS AGO. So it will be super lame if she has covid now. we are supposed to go to my parents house tomorrow for yom kippur and belated father’s birthday and not sure if she should go or not. she will of course test again tomorrow, but those over the counter tests aren’t all that accurate in the beginning.

but regardless, totally lame if she has covid 3 weeks after the omicron booster when it’s supposed to be peak protection territory.

Well, after a day or so, no side effects, not even a sore arm. My coworker pinged me this morning and asked why I was logged in when the company allows up to 16 hours for COVID vaccine any recovery from any side effects. If I had mild symptoms, yeah, I probably would have taken a half day. But thankfully I feel totally fine.

2 Likes

Sister is still negative but her symptoms got worse. as a precaution she isnt going to my parents house today. Im guessing she has a non covid virus as she should be invincible according to colonol smoothie in getting the booster 3 weeks ago

Does her kool kidz status decline over time since getting the booster?

Not until she is due for another booster. She is at peak cool now.

She went for a pcr test and the guy doing the test wasnt wearing a mask. Probably got covid there

I’m showing symptoms consistent with my second case of COVID. Considering I was at a concert with 4000 unmasked shouting/singing/dancing attendees this past weekend, I assume I picked up something.

It’s probably not COVID – with five shots and two prior cases, I should be pretty damn protected - but I’ll be breaking out a home test before I head out this evening, just to see.

1 Like

Preparing a “three-timers club” thread, just in case.