Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

My sister just tested positive for covid. She got the booster 3 weeks ago. This is insane.

I saw my sister friday. She is pretty sure she was exposed Saturday though. She better have been or i could kill my parents right now since im visiting them. Ive been feeling sick for over a week now with my tired disease, so not sure id even know if i had covid with already feeling like shit.

Antigen test was negative for her as was a rapid test. Pcr was positive

:bighug:

1 Like

Both times my sister caught covid she was hanging out with this same friend. He takes risks allnover the place and was there when my sister caught it both times and he has yet to have covid. We hsve decided that he is covid itself

Ugh, sorry. Hope you’re both feeling better soon.

1 Like

Wow. Well I’m so glad your sister did the right thing and canceled her trip to see your parents before she even had a positive test. Since you have a potential exposure, you might want to cut your trip short and hop on the next bus back to Manhattan. That’s what I’d do.

Sounds like the new strains are vaccine resistant :grimacing:

My sister will be fine. So far its milder than the last time she had covid. Ill still have this tired disease after she is long over covid. I would way rather have covid than what im dealing with that nobody can diagnose. Im gonna likely be taking antigen tests the next few days because im super paranoid right now. I doubt i have covid but my sister getting it when i just saw her friday makes me paranoid. Maybe ill go get a pcr test if there is a place near my parents house since antigen tests are crap

1 Like

Im mostly at my parents house because the only way i can seem to get over this tired disease is to leave my apartment and stay here. Ill just test myself rather than run back home where i literally feel like im going to collapse. I still feel like im going to collapse right now but hoping the same magic that happened when i was here previously happens again.

If i have covid ive already exposed my parents. Hopefully i just dont

You really need to move. Something about that apartment is really bad for you. Honestly, it doesn’t matter whether it’s some chemical you are sensitive to, or hidden mold, or just the stress of interactions with your neighbors. That place is bad for you, and it’s something you can change.

Best wishes, and i hope you don’t catch covid.

1 Like

The main issue with this is, it’s hard to get motivated to get my apartment ready to sell, sell it and find a new place all while I feel like I’m going to die.

1 Like

Bivalent boosted yesterday, sore arm last night, fluey now, but less so than after booster 2 or 3

1 Like

My sister finally tested positive on an antigen test today. She didnt test herself yesterday though. Now it sounds like its become typical cold symptoms.

At first i think her stomach hurt and she had a headache and a sore throat. Stomach ache was the primary initial symptom, so she didnt think covid initially

I tested negative yesterday on an antigen test and not bothering anymore to test. I just likely didn’t catch covid from her with our interaction a week ago

Its happening again with the Yankee Candle reviews:

https://twitter.com/DataDrivenMD/status/1578982975470858240?t=fga-v3hssPjUBY-f-BwzPQ&s=19

7 Likes

I saw that. There was a study about that which started as a joke, then truly did find a correlation.

3 Likes

Wow, who knew. Yankee Candle reviews are like wastewater studies but less gross. Only slightly.

4 Likes

Vaxed for COVID and the flu. Then I saw this and I’m worried:

https://twitter.com/HKalodimos/status/1579459506035363840

2 Likes

At least there’s nothing there to suggest to COVID and flu combo is any worse than just the COVID. My daughter got her COVID booster yesterday (without flu). So far, fine except some arm soreness, comparable to earlier COVID vaccines. One earlier time was a slightly worse, AIR.

The only thing I’m worried about is that people like that are allowed on the internet.

3 Likes

flu shot done

flu shot, as well.