Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

flu shot, as well.

just made flu shot appt for Friday

I just got quadrivalent flu shot with 65+ antigen booster. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got flu and second shingles yesterday. I spent today wondering why the hell I did that.

1 Like

does the flu shot have any side effects? i’m already feeling awful today due to the tired disease. thus far, i don’t think i’ve had a reaction to the flu shot though.

guessing it’s the shingles vaccine making you feel bad.

flu, for the most part is just a dead arm at worst

I’ve never had a worse reaction than a sore area on my arm, and some years i barely even notice that. Friends have told me it makes them feel sick, though. People vary.

1 Like

I felt sick from the flu vaccine in my youth. When I got it last year I felt nothing. Thus far, I already feel sick from tired disease, but I don’t think I feel anything from the flu shot.

Every flu shot but one that I have received has left me feverish and achy for a day or two, with an uncomfortable arm for a couple of months after (I sleep on my side, so this translates to a couple of months of lousy sleep).

I seem to be more sensitive to flu shots than most people…and for quite a while I refused to get them because of the experience.

Fast forward to the year before last, when I spent a week in ICU for my heart. While in the hospital, a nurse asked me if I wanted a flu shot (asking in such a way that “no” didn’t seem to be an option)…and I had no issues.

Figured something had changed, so I went ahead and got a flu shot last year (along with my third dose of Pfizer). The old side-effects, including about two months of poor sleep, were back (although, in fairness, the achy/feverishness could also have been from Pfizer).

I wondered if I had received an allergy-friendly version in the hospital…so when I signed up this year, I reported an egg allergy. I discovered, after I was shot, that the pharmacist missed that…and they don’t carry the allergy-friendly version of the flu vaccine anyway.

It’s too soon to be certain, but the way that arm is feeling, I suspect that I’m going to go back to refusing regular flu vaccines. I’ll see if I can track down the allergy-friendly version next year before I completely write them off.

1 Like

I didn’t even have arm soreness from the flu shot. Basically nothing.

2 Likes

That is absolutely horrifying. The only reason i got the flu shot today even though ive been feeling awful with chronic fatigue is because i had zero reaction to it last year.

I got it at around 3:30 and so far i dont think its causing a reaction. I still feel awful but just like i have been the last few weeks. My arm doesnt hurt. My arm started killing me a few hours after the covid booster both times.

In your situation i wouldnt get it.

Ditto. Two months of bad sleep is a very high price. Maybe just wear a mask when you go out during flu season.

Wow, the difference in the hospital and regular is something to look into for sure. Given what you have described of your family’s health status it would be nice to have the protection, but the regular cost is pretty high.

I used to get the hospital version, because the CVS version was preserved with thimerosal, and I was allergic to that when i tried to use contact lenses, back in high school. I never actually had a bad reaction to the flu shot before i learn it had thimerosal, but it seemed like I’d had a nasty reaction before, so it was good to avoid, just in case.

I got the hospital version by getting my flu shot at my annual physical, which is about the right time of year. (And in the hospital my PCP practices in.)

But now they’ve removed thimerosal from all of them, so I’m back to getting it wherever is most convenient. Which was CVS this year, at the same time as my covid shot.

Your medically records should say exactly which shot you got in the hospital, and you can Google that and see what was in it.

Same for me this year.

Minor soreness in the flu shot arm. Normal COVID soreness in the other arm. At 24 hours after the COVID vaccine shot, starting to feel off, a little light headed and a few minor chills. Did not spontaneously die on the 10th so that worry is past :wink:

3 Likes

The pharmacist suggested both shots in one arm to only have one arm sore but I decided to do one in each. Felt nothing as the COVID shot went in, but definitely felt her injecting the flu shot. With the previous COVID shots that I did have effects from, they hit about 12 hours after, so I got mine this morning in hopes that the worst of any effects will happen while I’m asleep.

1 Like

My left arm is still sore from my badly administered fourth COVID shot in June but will go for my flu shot this week anyway. Have decided to also have it in the left arm rather than risk two sore arms!

1 Like

I’ve never had a side effect from the flu shot before. I remember feeling the slightest bit of fatigue once after a tdap. Covid vaccines and boosters are hell on earth for me

1 Like

I had slight tenderness at the COVID injection site. Flu site is nothing. I woke up with a headache but I assume it’s because I was up late and slept like crap.