Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

i didn’t know this bit of advice prior to getting the booster, but i was extremely extremely thirsty as one of the side effects from the vaccine, so i’d recommend it.

I was fully prepared for a bad reaction since it was my first Moderna shot.

I hydrated and and had similar but milder effects than dose 2. All Moderna.

1 Like

I’m still not sure if the booster took me down or not. Small germ disseminators muddied the waters on this one with their COOTIES.

One of the fastest and furiousest colds I’ve ever gotten and still suffering (started Saturday, boosted Friday, COOTIES were present the prior weekend and for 3 hours on Tuesday).

1 Like

Cross post from Annoyed Thoughts.

I like the Costco Hydration Multiplier that 1695814 mentioned - especially the Tangerine flavor. It also is good for preventing cramps.

1 Like

I’ve not tried that flavor but I’ve had several others of it.

Got the booster at Walmart (which, side story, was an interesting experience as I listened to the guy in front of me in line give the poor receptionist an earful about how his wife doesn’t “believe in any of this crap” while he was asking that they please give him both a COVID and flu vaccine). Didn’t feel any symptoms for the rest of the day except a sore arm, although I woke up pretty feverish in the middle of the night and struggled to sleep. Sort of in-line with my first COVID dose (which is to say less bad than the second). Hoping we’re in the clear now.

7 Likes

I ached in every muscle the day after my booster. But i was fine the following day, except the spot was sore if i poked it.

(Since i was in a clinical study, and they asked me to check my symptoms every day, i dutifully poked it with a fingertip every day for two weeks. It was slightly sore for about a week. Not that i would have noticed it they hadn’t asked me to check.)

1 Like

:laughing: was about to ask why you were poking the spot

I got on to my local health unit website to get a booster appointment: they have an option for a 4th booster for the severely immunocompromised. :grimacing:

1 Like

Maybe you can schedule both boosters for the same visit!?

I just saw a headline indicating that Israel is getting ready to roll out a fourth round of shots.

2 Likes

Oohh! I’ll try that next time around.

I took my daughter for her booster within 24 hours of her arriving home for Xmas.

Loner says I should have had her rapid tested first since she had been through airports, on a plane, etc. I wasn’t aware of this and can’t find any guidance on it.

I mean, it’s too late now, but should you not get a booster if you have had potential exposure? She was tested twice before leaving. :woman_shrugging:

I haven’t heard of that, either. A quick google shows nothing.

You’re not supposed to get vaccinated during an infection, mostly because it doesn’t do any good. I wouldn’t worry about it, though.

also if you get Covid after the first shot, you would have to start the series over again

Huh? Why?

No idea, was told that by my niece, who didn’t want to possibly expose her kid.

Sounded possible, didn’t verify

Sounds (Smells?) like BS to me.
Nothing anyone tells me about stuff they are not experts in gets any credible weight. “Provide a credible source, and we’ll discuss; otherwise, respectfully, STFU.”