Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

digging further and it says that appointments for J&J boosters can be booked beginning the week of october 25. i don’t want a J&J booster, but maybe that also means misfits like me.

1 Like

Probably. CVS mentioned J&J in the questionnaire, so they’d probably book you now, if that’s convenient. And a friend got an appointment for Moderna over J&J at Walgreens this coming Monday.

yes, walgreens has booster shots for my category, if i went back to manhattan and near my apartment. near my parents place, the most convenient is rite aid.

I got an email from my county telling me that “You may now be eligible to schedule your booster vaccination through [Your] County Public Health”…but I’m on Team Moderna, and, according to the CDC, “COVID-19 Vaccine booster shots are available for [certain members of Team Pfizer-BioNTech]”.

The county has a record of what shot I received, so I wonder why they sent me this notice other than to put the onus on me to figure it out.

Anyway, what say you, GoA?

probably just a general email sent to everyone who got a vaccine dose and it’s up to you to figure it out.

1 Like

According to that wsj article I posted earlier…

I am “obese” based on cdc numbers. I’d have to lose 30 lbs to be merely “overweight” and a godawful 60-110 lbs to be in a “healthy weight range”.

I used the obesity-excuse to get the vaccine back in Jan/Feb.

Back in August I had a blood test to look for antibodies and they were being produced like a champ - fwiw, 1182 of the S Protein (and 0 of the N Protein).

Yeah, I think so, too.

You are eligible now, if you had your last dose at least 6 months ago.

CDC Expands Eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots

Media Statement

For Immediate Release: Thursday, October 21, 2021
(404) 639-3286

Today, CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, M.D., M.P.H., endorsed the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation for a booster shot of COVID-19 vaccines in certain populations. The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) authorizationexternal icon and CDC’s recommendation for use are important steps forward as we work to stay ahead of the virus and keep Americans safe.

For individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial series:

1 Like

I’m confused. That implies that people who got moderna or j&j aren’t eligible for a booster yet, but they are

In fact, you may just need to force the page to refresh. When I follow your link, I see

NOTICE: CDC now recommends that certain people are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster shot, including those who received Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. Get more information and read CDC’s media statement.

1 Like

I hung out with my sister and bil (team J&J) this weekend. I asked her if she’s going to get a booster and it was an emphatic yes, they’re planning on getting a J&J booster. I told them that they probably can get Moderna instead and data points to a better antibody response. So I think I convinced them to get the Moderna boost.

1 Like

Yeah, right at the top of the page…that’s probably why I missed it. :eyeglasses:

1 Like

my 8 yr old told me shots will be ready for kids in 3 weeks and that she wanted one.

I asked where she heard/got that info. She just said ‘google’.

I asked why she wanted the shot (not in a condensing manor)- She said because she didnt want to wear a mask anymore (implying that being vaccinated would end school masking).

Thought it was interesting.Would be nice to give a real reason to end masking.

I dont know when shots for kids will actually be ready. I was just happy that she looked it up and thought about it.

2 Likes

found this ammusing- not sure if already posted here.

4 Likes

I don’t plan to have the kids wear masks after they’re vaccinated. It’s probably pointless to have them wearing masks now since only a few kids do. It’s sad but I’m basically ready to give in.

2 Likes

Dang. Already got Pfizer dose #3 just less than 3 months ago. Was hoping to switch it up and get a different one but that’ll have to wait until April unless things change.

They only wear them now for school, which requires it. Otherwise agree, having your kid wear mask just alienates them in public.

1 Like

A friend’s dad just died from covid. Threw a “don’t tread on me / I refuse to get vaccinated” party a couple weeks ago. Friend’s family is still anti-vax and doesn’t see the correlation between refusing to get vaccinated and the grief they’re feeling right now.

3 Likes

She’s probably right. Good for her. And interesting that 8 year olds are following this.

Did you keep reading to see the reason she wants it?

How’s that working for the kids at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Duke, etc? Universities with >99% vaccination rate still requiring masks, distancing, & restrictions on student life.

I’m sorry to say that, judging from precedent, Little Hat’s strategy of comply-to-make-the-masks-go-away isn’t likely to be terribly successful.

1 Like