Where are you planning on travelling this year?

I knew that…
…Now.

Why do I hear an echo of :notes: Rocky Mountain high :notes: when reading your post?

Clarifying…

depends on which high you might be reefering to . . . but something that are legal in CO is also legal in my current state . . .

But I did grow up in the mountains of CO . . . and still have family out that way . . .

1 Like

I’m giving some thought to the SOA meeting in Indianapolis too!!!

Cambodia/Vietnam late April/May (father/son trip.)

Ontario in July or August to visit family.

UK in September for English granddaughter’s first birthday. May include a week in Greece or Italy.

No business trips as I have been retired for 14 years.

1 Like

…why?

A convention dedicated to my primary hobby.

1 Like

I was so excited when I saw the location. I have an old friend there. Also I need to see the art museum from The Fault in our Stars.

I booked my Alaskan cruise eight months ago, for this August. Tonight I finally booked the flights and the hotel for the night before. We are staying in downtown Seattle and our flight gets in at 10AM so we have the whole day to sightsee before our hotel check in.

And our flight home will be a red eye, so we will have most of the day when we return to see the city as well.

What to do in downtown Seattle for two days? Our hotel will be a ten minute walk from the space needle, so obviously that. What else is in that area? Would prefer to walk and not Uber around.

1 Like

United $1024 return to Australia March/April. Cheap as!

1 Like

Kids or no kids? All the following are downtown (waterfront to Seattle Center)

• The value of the Space Needle varies with how many clouds there are. If the mountains are “out” (you can actually see them), it is a lovely view
  • Pike Place Market (add in the gum wall if with kids)
  • Walk on the ferry to Bainbridge Island and have lunch or ice cream on Bainbridge
  • Get food from the Ivar’s fish bar walk-up counter and throw fries for the seagulls to swoop to grab mid-air if with kids
  • I’ve not been on the Great Wheel yet, but looks worthwhile, especially with kids
  • My kids liked the aquarium (waterfront) and the Pacific Science Center (next to the Space Needle), but you’ll have a better idea of your kids would like that kind of thing
  • Chihuly Garden of Glass - it’s pretty but not cheap and probably boring for kids
  • Monorail might be interesting, the ride is quite short, but it’s novel
  • Olympic Sculpture Park is free, but I was expecting something different when I went
  • I’ve not been to the Amazon Spheres, although they look interesting, and I believe it’s free to visit, but they’re only open to the public on a couple of Saturdays per month
  • There’s an art museum and pop culture museum downtown. I’ve been to the pop culture one (there was a Minecraft exhibit at the time), but it wasn’t really thing. It’s been too long since I’ve been to the art museum to comment.
  • The Underground Tour is kind of quirky and fun

Something non-downtown and kind of an oddball Seattle thing is the Fremont Troll, but not something I’d consider Uber-worthy on its own.

1 Like

4/2-4/9 road trip to see high school and college friends: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Mt. Pleasant, Chicago, Milwaukee, Twin Cities, home
4/29-5/9 London, Blechley Park, Edinburgh, Iona, Skye, Inverness
The rest are bridge tournaments:
Late May Twin Cities
Mid June Waterloo, IA
Mid July Toronto
Early August Omaha
mid October Sioux City, IA
Thanksgiving Las Vegas

1 Like

No kids! These still look fun though, my husband is big on seeing the sights and staying busy.

3 Likes

I went to the famous Da Michele while I was there. It was decent.

I think we will be doing an England and Scotland (maybe Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland as well) trip in 2025. I want to show my husband where I lived in London.

All of the above are good suggestions. If you like interesting architecture NA, check out the central library downtown, inside and out.

1 Like

Two non-work trips planned this year:

April – Flying to STL in the hopes of catching the eclipse

June/July – Week-long road trip to the Maritimes. A couple of years ago, I finished my bucket list item of having visited all 50 states. Now I need to work on Canadian provinces/territories…

I have a fairly busy travel season planned this year. Have just finished some of the planning.

Feb - Brazil (Carnival)

May - Brazil (Rio)

June/July

Germany - Munich (with Salzburg/Nuremberg)

Spain - San Sebastian/Bilbao

October - Brazil (Paraty & Ilha Grande)

December/Jan - Skiing (Austria or France)

I’d remove the “kind of” and consider this a must do. Everyone I’ve ever sent on the Underground Tour has loved it.

Generally agree with the rest.

I also like the Ballard locks / salmon bridge, which is also close to the Fremont Troll.

3 Likes

Try to include a visit to Newfoundland although you would need to add a week. June/July is prime iceberg viewing time and they are spectacular. Lots of other stuff to see and do and the locals are wonderful people. Book your accommodation in advance if you go.

1 Like