Where are you planning on travelling this year?

Totally agree. Very quirky and informative.

3 Likes

Maryland, apparently, bc that’s where the SOA meetings are. …sigh…

Thinking of seeing if my daughter would join me on a trip to Branson, MO.

1 Like

Summer trip to Colorado. Going to Mesa Verde and probably some other national/state parks. Weaselette is on a mission to visit them all eventually.

1 Like

IMG_2424

1 Like

Mesa Verde is very pretty.

2 Likes

RN :laughing:

Last week: St Simons Island
Next week: Grand Targhee (skiing)

Nothing else on the calendar yet, but I’d say at least one more beach trip to SSI is likely this spring.

Today is National Plan for Vacation Day

3 Likes

Every day is plan for vacation day

2 Likes

I’m going places, Not interesting enough to tell this board about, though.

I prefer my almost-done kitchen/TV room and already done backyard. Why go anywhere else, especially when I cannot afford it (see aforementioned home improvements)?

Relate-able. Sigh.

I feel for you, as you are in Middle-of-Nowhere and need to get away.
But not really feeling it, cuz, today, again, all sunshine. I need to go full @Breadmaker and set up on the patio.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that.

Might be hitting London end of July, but might be only my wife (bad time at work, and I don’t think my laptop can travel). She has a friend in Surrey and The Boss will be at Wembley, so a two-fer.

We lived in Surrey during my UK working years and it is a lovely area to visit plus easy to go into London. If your wife is a walker, the North Downs are great for walks.

1 Like

Surrey is nice during the summer.

Going to be interesting to see how many heat waves we get this year due the El Niño effect.

Still mulling a short trip to Scotland (Loch Lomond) but its a very tight squeeze in terms of days (when travelling with a 4 year old this is tiring due to moving around).

What about the “Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Beauty”? Is that false advertising?

It’s 50° here today, not bad!!!

We will still travel somewhere this year, no idea where. The other side of the coin on living in the Midwest is COL is low so even with a big remodel budget there’s some room left.

1 Like

I worked in Epsom, and it was a charming place. About a 40 minute train ride into London.

The UK AONB designations are all very accurate.

It has always amazed me that the UK has such beautiful countryside despite its population density.