Where are you planning on travelling this year?

Klaymen world tour
3/31-4/3 Baltimore & Delaware
4/30-5/1 Madrid
5/2-5/3 Barcelona
5/4 Pompeii/Vesuvius
5/5-5/6 Rome
5/7-5/8 Venice
5/25-5/27 Twin Cities
7/14-7/17 Chicago
8/3-8/6 Omaha
More tour dates in the fall…

2 Likes

We’ve done this a few times with family. Head somewhere and then just brewery hop all night. It’s a good way to get holy hammered. Unfortunately I’m always dd. But this year my daughter is pregnant so, hit me bartender.

Standard one week to a lake up north, take the boat and a couple ATVs. We always have my kids, their bff’s, my one single friend, and my daughter’s bff and their spouse. Makes for some fun campfires.
Numerous day trips fishing.
I normally do a week up north moose hunting but I’m skipping this year.imstead I’m going to do two or three, four day trips camping in the bush up north. At least one trip for fishing and one trip for grouse hunting. I’ll be taking students along on those trips.
So no place exotic, no place new. Just lots of peace by the lakes and in the bush.

Highly recommend.

Xenia, Ohio
Québec City
Harrisburg, PA
Kona, Hawaii

See where the tornado hit!!

1 Like

Make sure you try some pizza in Naples (the birthplace of modern pizza) on your way to Pompeii. I also bought some excellent prosciutto there but you can probably get that all over Italy. Might be interesting to compare jamon (when you are in Barcelona) with prosciutto. I love them both but jamon is my preference.

1: nowhere
2. the bar
3. have to go to the beach in a town 2 hours away when we have a beach 5 mins from the house and the fact we may join the beach club that’s 15 mins away
4. nowhere

In my travels in France and to a lesser extent the UK, pizza is extremely easy to come by. Is any generic pizza in Naples going to check this box or am I interested in something in particular. The European pizza I have eaten is nothing to write home about, but I generally grabbed something convenient for a party of one and wasn’t focused on culinary greatness, and I suspect that with my sister around there will be a bit more emphasis on enjoying meals.

I much prefer American/Canadian pizza over European as well.

I grew up eating Canadian pizza and I had the misfortune of trying some a few times in Spain and France. It was pretty awful. Italy can be a bit hit or miss, but we have found a few gems over the years.

My London daughter may work remotely but the problem is that her job involves a lot of Zoom calls with her team. That is a challenge when she is here because of the 8 hour time difference with London. It is possible from Eastern Canada with the 5 or less hours time zone difference. It is only 3.5 hours difference in Newfoundland which is a place I highly recommend visiting. It is different culturally from any other place in Canada or US with incredible scenery to boot.

Like any city, you’ll have authentic stuff and generic stuff. If you go to New York to try pizza and you go to Sbarro’s, you won’t have a high opinion of New York pizza. I didn’t think it possible but I’ve even had terrible sushi in Tokyo.

1 Like

Best New York Pizza Slice | ResetEra

5 Likes

SW Colorado for a family reunion. Possibly a wedding in Nebraska. Possibly an in law thing in Illinois. Indianapolis for the SOA meeting.

IN!

June taking the family to the Northeast (NYC, Boston, Newport, and 2 other stops)

July going to the beach in SC

September golf trip to SW Michigan

1. Richmond, VA to visit client; Indianapolis, IN for SOA meeting; others TBD
  2. N/A
  3. St. Genevieve, MO for my sons to bowl in a day-long tournament.
  4. N/A

We’ll be doing some trips down the shore. Aside that we’ll do our annual trip to visit family in Canada and then thinking we’ll do a trip to Boston in the Fall.

1 Like

He doesn’t know what Breadmaker Fanfest is! I think the title is self-explanatory.

For me:

1. Colorado
  2. Colorado
  3. Colorado
  4. You gotta have some before you can actually do this