What's for Lunch?

they pay you that much…?

still wouldn’t do it

leftover crab cakes from Wednesday night’s dinner

Mmm. How can you have leftover crab cakes?

1 Like

Had a NY three-way

That’s what a local deli calls a hot pastrami, corned beef, & swiss with spicy mustard

pepperoni and mushroom pizza that we made last night

Dunno yet. Small kitchen and Mr aj decided to clean when I would have made my lunch.

Dammit, Da- Mr. Aj!!!

1 Like

Ok I’m having a homemade salad with a few “hint of salt” Ritz crackers.

Chicken shawarma bowl

You’re eating a bowl? ick

I had beijing chicken and black pepper pork (HyVee offered two 2-entree meals including egg rolls for $10)

Leftover Domino’s

1 Like

Half price pizzas at Domino’s this week!!! Daddy gonna treat hizzelf and the famz!!! :pizza: :yum:

All right, I haven’t had Domino’s in like ten years but I may give it a shot. Any recommendations here on a pizza they do particularly well?

I had to look it up, there is one 0.7 miles from me on a road I drive at least weekly and I’ve never seen it, lol.

We just get the carry out large 1 topping pizza for $8. Just cheese, because kid.

We’ve noticed that their sauce is a little on the spicy side, which we like. Mind you, I’m up in Canada, so YMMV. And we don’t have that awesome garlic crust I’ve heard about here on GoA!!

@JFG: we like the boneless chicken bites!! Mebbe JFGJr would like them too!!! And a certain good, super duper doggo!!! Amirite, @Echo???

2 Likes

I will try the wings. Pizza Hut is my go-to as far as chains, wings are decent but a little heavy on the vinegar.

Slightly spicy sauce is up my alley, especially if it’s not too sweet.

The real competition here is Pizza Shuttle, an institution in local pizza. It’s cheap, it’s greasy, and well, it’s pretty damn good.

I get Dominos because it’s close, the carryout special is cheap, and I’m lazy with low standards.

3 Likes

Oh, do y’all have Casey’s? Yes, convenience store pizza. The crust is pretty awful but the sauce is good and the copious amount of cheese… cost-adjusted, it’s a good pie.

Is Casey’s a chain or the brand of pizza itself?

It’s a chain of gas stations, mostly in the Midwest I think.