What's the proper way to do a three way?

Sure, but I mean, growing up in Cincinnati the translation was “threesome”.

A 3-way is spaghetti, chili, cheese. Period.

outside of Nashville, it was tamales, spaghetti, chili

WAY too much cheese on the Cincinnati

Sure, but to be fair, the sign was intended to be a double entendre.

2 Likes

Your words are strange.

True!

When I was in college, on move-in weekend one year they had a huge billboard on one of the two major roads into town that had a picture of a 3-way. The billboard read “It’s called a 3-way and there’s nothing like it.”

The non-Cincinnatians were hooting over the billboard. Two thirds of the Cincinnatians (including me) were scratching our heads and saying “I don’t get it; why is that funny?”

That’s when I learned that outside of Cincinnati the term 3-way has an entirely different meaning, all together.

1 Like

Like saying, “WAY too much bacon.”

1 Like

As far as I know, the R-rated term was popularized in the short lived TV show Mind of the Married Man around 2001. MOTMM was basically HBO trying to recreate the success of Sex and the City from a male perspective.

1 Like

Ok, the dessert goes back to at least the 1950s, so earlier than the TV show. Never heard of the series… any good?

Interestingly, Friendly’s has registered the term “Happy Ending”.

1 Like

best with nuts and extra cream

2 Likes

I mean, you’re right. “Threesome” is the much more common term. But, even in the heart of Cincinnati, if a guy’s gf texts him and says “Hey I was talking to my gf. She wants a 3-way” I’m pretty sure that doesn’t mean “Let’s go to Skyway.”

1 Like

I mean, who hasn’t gone to Jack in the Box and asked for extra Jack sauce?

If they give too much do you ask for the Jack off?

On Entourage, they called it a “rub and tug.” Which probably isn’t going to be confused with a food item.

As an occasional Poker player, I have used the joke “Oh man, you’re just one Jack off” more times than I care to admit.

Tom the office manager was told by his boss that he had to eliminate one of his two reports, Jack & Jill.
He felt they were very equal employees and didn’t want to pick one over the other
So he decided, whoever came into his office first would be the one he fires

A few minutes later Jill enters the office.

Tom asks her to sit down. “I have something important to tell you. I have to either lay you or Jack off…”

before he can finish Jill says “then jack off and leave me alone”

3 Likes

Not really

1 Like

Obviously not! It means “let’s go to Skyline”. Or perhaps Gold Star or Blue Ash Chili if you prefer.

It would be difficult to overstate the love Cincinnatians have for their Cincinnati chili. Seriously, I have explained to adults in their 40s that 3-way doesn’t mean spaghetti, chili and cheese to non-Cincinnatians … only to be met with a confused stare and a question along the lines of “Well what does it mean? Spaghetti and chili and beans???”

I mean, I’ve never been to Cincinnati but I know what Cincinnati chili is. And I’m quite frankly offended.