What's for Lunch?

I get mine at world market, because it’s quick, so that’s the only brand I’ve tried. Lao Gan Ma.

I’ve heard the flavor can really vary, so after I finish this jar, I’m going to hit up our local Asian supermarket to see what other options I can find.

I’ve heard that one is good and I’m trying it next. I got the stuff from Momofuku which is amazing, but a bit spendy.

1 Like

That one has been on my list, but yeah, the price tag is steep for an actuary. Is $13 (plus $5 shipping!) for a 5 ounce jar really worth it just to try it? Or will this become my new expensive food hobby??

It was the first one I tried and they had a sale if you bought three. I did, and it’s taking a while to work through it. I’m trying the one you have next, maybe wait for me to compare before plunking down the dough?

1 Like

Today it’s cold sesame (shirataki) noodles with toasted sunflower and more chili crisp. Yum!

Have you put it on eggs yet?

Leftover fish 'n chips and cheesecake.

I don’t really eat eggs much; I don’t eat breakfast. What’s the best type of egg to put them on? Options would be fried, scrambled, and hard boiled for me…none of that poached nonsense.

My go to option is toast, with two sunny-side-up eggs on top, topped with chili crunch, and bacon on the side.

2 Likes

Oh, and I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, FYI.

I was on the road, so I picked up chicken at Popeyes with red beans and rice.

I ordered some Lao Gan Ma. Then I read an article comparing different brands and Me’s Way sounded really interesting, but it’s like $25 a jar. I need to win the lottery this Saturday.

1 Like

Made some charro beans

was craving thai style noodles so I got some takeout: mee pad see ew

I’m also getting Thai today but I got a rice dish. They just called it vegetable stir fry, I think it’s mainly garlic, fish sauce, bit of soy, and maybe some oyster sauce or similar. With chicken. Hot, but not Thai hot.

:burrito:

Stir fry with leftover steak and Chinese rice

Grilled chicken breast and homemade coleslaw.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Vinegar or creamy?