What's for Lunch?

I had a meatball sandwich with the leftover meatballs from Christmas Eve dinner. My wife made them in the crock pot and they turned out delicious. Even better as leftovers.

Related, my SO tried out her new instant pot tonite with a roast. I made Greek lemon rice. Our plates looked like they were from a fancy restaurant.
Except the roast was about as dry as sand, and the rice tasted like ass.
We had a good laugh so I guess it was fine.

Iā€™m doing a neighbourhood porch pickup dinner this weekend and the rice was a test run for that. Looks like Iā€™ll be doing French fries as the side.

When you said instant pot my first thought was ā€œmagicā€ brownies, but I guess you need stoneware to make those.

Itā€™s a type of pressure cooker, pretty popular up here, maybe not in the US. Got my SO one for Christmas and she was trying it out. Iā€™m pretty against buying household/kitchen items for gifts (kinda sends the wrong message) but made an exception this year.
As for whatā€™s for lunch today, dried up roast beef sandwich by the looks of things.

Theyā€™re popular here too, we actually have two of them, they get used frequently.

If you are drying things out in the Insta Pot you are doing something wrong.

todays lunch: leftover sausage & peppers.

I think weā€™ve now finished our Christmas Eve leftovers. Iā€™m a little sad; my wife made a lot of great stuff.

Leftover Chinese takeout and a blueberry filled donut!!! :yum:

ETA: Plus a lemon filled donut!!! Wednesday weigh in is not gonna be pretty!!! :grimacing:

1 Like

Had a smattering of cheeses. Coffee-rubbed cheese, stilton, humboldt fog, camembert, goat cheese, and a few others I donā€™t recall the names of. Also had a little bit of fig jam on some of them. Very tasty.

1 Like

Store-bought cold cut roast beef on a roll from the deli with spicy brown mustard. Side of dill pickle chips.

Mmmm.

I had a piece of smoked mackerel, some wasa crispbread, and a glass of blueberry/cherry juice.

Left over pad thai my wife got last night - Iā€™ve had better. Also had some chocolate cheesecake and a bit of apple pie, though it would have tasted much better with coo hwip.

Made a hash out of some leftovers and threw a fried egg on top.

Had a leftover baked potato, added cheese, salsa and bacon

Second half of last nights meatball grinder.

Turkey & provolone sub.

Philly cheese steak sandwich. I threw in some hatch green chilis hoping to spice it up a bit but I couldnā€™t really taste them. Still good.

Bahn mi sandwich from Which Wich. Pretty good.

I havenā€™t been to WW in a while and didnā€™t know they offered one. Will have to see if there is a WW near me.

I made some mexican style meatballs yesterday so Iā€™ll have leftovers for lunch. Not sure if Iā€™ll have them over rice or do a meatball sammich.

Crab cake sammiches.

Had a relative have someone close tot he pass away. My wife made them a crab cake dinner, and there was some left over. I am the benefit of the surfeit.