What's for Lunch?

Cheesesteak

Leftover Chinese food - Chicken & pineapples.

1 Like

I made tacos and nacho cheese last night, and have some salsa left that I made last week, so I’m having that today. I used less cumin than usual, which I like, but my wife says it’s not as good. But I did discover the La Tiara brand of taco shells, which are super thin and crispy, my favorite. The only downside is if the meat is at all greasy, you have 51 seconds to eat the taco or it get soggy. Worth it, imo.

Whoever said to use mayo instead of butter for grilled cheese was spot on. Need to have the heat lower because it browns faster and need more time for the cheese to melt.

1 Like

I learned that from Plated; game changer.

Pasta, salad, and carrots with almond dip. Chocolate Hanukkah coin for dessert.

Wasn’t going to eat lunch today, but this inspired me to make a mayo grilled cheese with cheddar. Mmmm.

Freshly baked bagels (by my wife), lox, cream cheese, sliced tomato and roasted red peppers.

Philly cheesesteak

Nothing today.

Went out to shovel snow, and next thing I know it’s 3 pm.

Dinner is in 2 hours, so I’ll just skip it…

dinner at 5:00 - ar you 80?

Not getting the Early Bird Special is for suckers.

Having dinner earlier is a good way to increase your chances of living to 80.

Looks like 2 bowls of salad is not enough for me today - must be fattening up for the winter. I’ll reheat some pasta that Mrs. Fleeble made.

A couple slices from the grocery store.

Half an apple fritter. It was deelish!!

White beans and rice.

Chicken pot
Chicken pot
Chicken pot pie

Was going to make the rest of the sweet potato fries I prepared last night (cut 3 potatoes but only had room for 2 in the baking sheet) but wife made me a quesadilla instead. I’ll have the fries tonight with steak.

Brisket chili frito pie from Dickey’s BBQ.