What is your COVID vaccine position?

How’s SouthWest doiing?

Having issues unrelated to a vaccine manatee?

That’s what some say.

Makes for a good conspiracy theory for those against mandates.

Right, because it’s illegal for the pilots to stage a sick-out. So I can’t figure out why the union president would go on record saying it’s not a sick-out.

I guess we’ll never know.

Naw, the timeline that I was comfortable with was a month. Given how prevalent the disease was when the vaccine rolled out, that was enough time to see all the problems we’ve ever seen with vaccines.

But I understand that others might be less familiar with vaccine history than I am, and might not find a month enough time. But people who are still anxious after 9 months aren’t going to feel more comfortable just because “more time has passed”.

Now that all this pressure has been placed on getting the vaccine and the feeling that the freedom to make their own choice has gone away, probably not.

the airline’s pilot sick rate for this weekend was “right in line with what was occurring this summer.”

Sounds like something that could be verified.

1 Like

Must be weather, as reported.

Must be the vaccine mandate, as reported by people trying to get their viewers fired up against vaccine mandates.

Presumably, if they lost so many pilots that they had to cancel a thousand flights… they still have as many pilots out of commission? Is SW back on schedule? Or did they cancel the mandate and are allowing unvaxxed pilots to fly?

They haven’t implemented the mandate yet. But if a group of pilots wanted to make a point, before the mandate goes into effect is the time to make it.

It was probably the weather.

So if someone doesn’t want to pay child support, it’s bad to enforce them to? Or are there things responsible adults should do, but if they want to be negligent pieces of garbage, it’s reasonable to coerce them (e.g. garnish wages, block driver’s license renewal) to meet their responsibility?

1 Like

Make sure to stretch first.

Lots of speculation, lack of definition, cherrypicked responses, “interesting”, and “probably”, and obtuseness. Seems like a troll farm.

2 Likes

So did SW get the message? Are they going to change anything because of this?

I doubt SouthWest can do anything about the weather.

No one is making that point other than right wingers.

1 Like