What did you do this weekend?

You didn’t do ‘In the Garden of Eden’ by I. Ron Butterfly?

1 Like

Drove out to the sticks to take my dog to be boarded for a few days.
Went to a party on Saturday and stayed out late
Got up on Sunday after not enough sleep and drove 5 hours to the beach

Just going to chill today. Meeting family for dinner tonight, then family beach vacation starts tomorrow until Friday AM.

Central Synagogue?

There’s only so much rock and/or roll we can do in one service

1 Like

I love watching their services on Zoom, but with the Torah reading it can get pretty long. This was a small NJ synagogue I used to attend regularly.

Friday overnight at a fancy hotel with a club lounge.
Saturday, cleaned house by throwing a bunch of stuff away.
Sunday, sick with the runs.
Today, feeling a little better.

we tend to have it on while eating dinner

I don’t zoom my local temple anymore, I go occasionally

The usual: A couple of projects around he house, errands, sucking at parenting.

FWIW, caring enough to think you suck probably means you don’t suck so bad

1 Like

Parenting is for suckers

1 Like

Disc golf tournamants both Saturday and Sunday.

Well, I guess that means I’m qualified.

2 Likes

Friday: Last in-Bermuda day. Didn’t go out to see Bermuda. I think this was the day husband played Poker while I was sleeping/being lazy and he won a cruise somehow. I think I got up long enough to watch some uncomfortable looking couple activities in the Atrium.

Saturday: Last day on ship. Lived it up with exclusive-Haven-restaurant breakfast, 2 rounds of minigolf, honeymoon things, and the coolest go-karts I’ve ever go-karted. Probably spent mad dollars on several rounds of competitive Guitar Hero.

Sunday: Travelled by air, land, and sea. Reunited with all my sweet kitties.

3 Likes

Technically the weekend is not over as it is the Victoria Day weekend in Canada but nothing much going to happen today.

My youngest daughter’s family of four, who have been living in our basement the past 14 months, closed a deal on a townhouse while I was travelling overseas so they will be moving out shortly. As nice as it has been having them with us, my wife and I will be happy to see their belongings leave our very cluttered house! Helping anyway I can this weekend to facilitate their impending move.

3 Likes

You docked in Hamilton? How did you find it.

Have been getting lobbied by the PTB at my company to consider a move to Bermuda to help out in various reinsurance projects.

I have limited understanding of the area as I only know a few people working there.

I think it was the ship’s captain, not Tiffany, that found it

1 Like

Cruise ship docks in Hamilton.

Cruise passengers get off and explore.

This is kind of a standard thing.

We need the whoosh emoji.

He was poking fun at your turn of phrase, “How did you find it?” To most Americans that phrase would be the same as “How did you locate it?” Instead we would ask “How did you like it?” or “What did you think of it?”

5 Likes

Not just an American thing

In the Beatles film A Hard Day’s Night, the boys find themselves facing a litany of anxious reporters and photographers. When asked, “How did you find America?,” John replies, “Turn left at Greenland .”

2 Likes

It docks in King’s Wharf / the Royal Naval Dockyard to be clear but it’s close enough to Hamilton (about a 25 minute ferry ride) - the big ships can’t get any closer than that.

I took a cab ride to Horseshoe Bay, which reminded me how beautiful the island actually is (it’s apparently no more than about a mile wide at any given point and you can see shallow ocean on both sides of you most of the time).

Went to Hamilton for a few hours and it’s nice (you walk into the financial district - lots of banks and such). Ended up sitting in a park with a couple of coy ponds (park reeked of pot) and ate at an Italian restaurant before wandering back to the ship. I’ve been to Hamilton before - only thing I recall from that trip was being bored watching a kid shop for shoes. It’s a pretty Westernized place due to all the corporations wanting to save taxes/do shady Bermuda things - but it maintains the island decor/charm.

1 Like