What did you do this weekend?

had dinner with my mother’s brother, his 2 kids and his wife who we more or less haven’t seen in about 18 years. also my other uncle was there who i see all the time. the family dynamics were weird and kinda awkward. my cousins went from small children to 20 somethings and we were basically strangers to them. it doesn’t feel like we are related.

my one cousin was saying how she thinks she has her mother’s nose. i’m like NO, YOU DO NOT. YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE YOUR FATHER AND HAVE YOUR GRANDMOTHERS NOSE, BUT I CAN’T PROVE IT BECAUSE WE ALL GOT FREAKING NOSE JOBS. in talking to my mother after, my mother said she has the exact same nose as my mother did pre-nose job.

this interaction made me a bit more anti-nose job and cosmetic surgery in general. you lose a family trait. my cousin also looks good with that nose. mine was worse. my sister also looked good with her old nose and didn’t need it.

There was Rollapalooza this weekend

I mean last weekend

Hung out at the park with my grandparents and half my siblings + my husband and kid (not half my husband or kid though, I’m no Solomon wise-guy) on Saturday, had my family and some neighbors over on Saturday evening for pizza oven pizza night.

Made a quilt otherwise and took two naps in two days, plus slept in (I was exhausted by Friday evening, long week at work).

Good weekend.

1 Like

Sid: Well I’m going down to visit my sister in Virginia next Wednesday, for a week, so I can’t park it.

Jerry: This Wednesday?

Sid: No, next Wednesday, week after this Wednesday.

Jerry: But the Wednesday two days from now is the next Wednesday.

Sid: If I meant this Wednesday, I would have said this Wednesday. It’s the week after this Wednesday.

Probably catching COVID.

2 Likes

same, or at least being exposed. I think I was possibly the only person at dinner who didn’t have covid yet. My cab driver home was coughing maskless. I probably got it from that jerk.

@Echo : make sure Daddy buys you lotsa chikkinz before he goes into isolayshun!!! :poultry_leg:

2 Likes

It’s OK, Costco delivers :poultry_leg:. :dog:

1 Like

a lot of ketamine

Worked. Studied linear algebra. Canned a bushel of peaches.
Had my eldest kid and their spouse over for fish and chips (walleye i caught a few weeks ago) so that was a couple hours in the garage prepping the fries.
Fun stuff.

2 Likes

Played Hearts and Oh Hell with parents and wife. Went fishing for catfish. Clean fish. Clean boat

I knocked off work a little early Thursday and drove about 5 hours to see my parents. We had some drinks and stayed up til around midnight chatting about old times. Then Friday about 20 family and friends came over and we had a pool party. My parent’s backyard/pool area is incredible, and I hadn’t seen many of these people in years, it was a great time. The best part was hanging with the newly 1-year-old nephew, who was getting the biggest kick out of playing in the water and calling everyone mommy and paw-paw.

Saturday we drove back home, stopping halfway to see some friends that were in a different town for a concert. We had a really good Thai meal and drank borderline too many drinks. Got home and then went to see the two other nephews, who were being babysat by grandma (my MIL on my g-lassie’s side). They are 7 and 2 and quite the handful, she appreciate the help. MIL came over on Sunday for some wine in our backyard.

It was a really satisfying weekend - as much as I love live music and travelling and sight-seeing, nothing beats good fam-time the older I get. Heart is full!

4 Likes

My wife and son were out of town, so I took the opportunity to be a total bum. I’m not sure I accomplished anything on Saturday. Sunday I went to a long-ish bike ride and grilled steak/potatoes/asparagus.

1 Like

Sat in the recliner with an ice pack either in my crotch, under my butt or along my leg. Occasionally got up and went outside just to move a little bit.

Probably more of the same this weekend.

1 Like

I went to a Buy Local fair sponsored by the Louisville Small Business Association. Outside of a few food trucks it was a bunch of vendors with tents. Not the arts and crafts type vendors either, but the type with pyramid scheme products, stuff they bought off Alibaba, CBD oil, Cutco, etc. those type of vendors. It was a big meh.

1 Like

Went hiking for the first time. Pulled a dad and took a “short cut” off the trail. Carried my kid down a steep rocky hill. Used a fallen tree as a bridge. Played in the river. Trespassed through an HOA. And walked farther than I have in years, which is not that far.

That little adventure should cover us for the next 300 hours of straight TV watching.

2 Likes

Never been hiking before? This is so foreign to my experience.

I haven’t taken my kid hiking before. I have been hiking a couple times in my adult life, though I don’t remember the last time.

1 Like

when does a walk become a hike?