What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Station Eleven (HBO) starts off with 2 characters trying to survive a pandemic in Chicago, which is pretty much my 2020 in a nutshell. The first episode was pretty good, followed by a second episode that was a bit flat. Will give it 1-2 more to pick back up before dropping.

IIRC it took somewhere in the 4-5 episode range to really get going, but it really hits its stride when it finally does. Stick with it IMO.

Also watching Perry Mason. I’m a sucker for period piece mysteries. And the blend of drama / humor / noir is right in my wheelhouse.

1 Like

Pokerface was a great first season and an excellent series finale

1 Like

About to finish up The Good Place. I have the last 2 episodes left. Really enjoying it. this might be an annual re-watch, 'cause I love the deep-dive philosophical and ethical thinking that generally doesn’t make its way in to popular culture (c.f. the Trolley Problem episode).

3 Likes

If we hung a pole with a blade on it out of the window…

i loved the ending too. one character in particular i realized as it happened what the only next step might be - it was well written IMO

let us know what you think of the ending

Ted Lasso S3E1 available now!!!

4 Likes

tedlassodancing.gif

waiting for Severance 2…

at least the filming is underway

2 Likes

They film it like 5 miles from my house.

(Is ‘film’ the correct term? I doubt they are using film, right?)

the save button for Microsoft 360 is still a floppy disc

lol. Is this in the right thread?

lol more commenting on the usage of “film” even though no film is used. Just like we don’t save anything on floppies anymore

Aha! Context.

Started watching Season 3 last night. Still enjoying it but three seasons will be enough for me.

I mean, they are not planning a 4th right now.

I won’t have time to watch for at least a week. Which is fine since I have to re-up my Apple TV subscription before watching anyway.

Yes, and I thought it was right for them not to do a fourth season. Should be able to tie up any loose plot ends this season.

1 Like

You can wait until June to renew your Apple subscription. Last episode set to air 5/31/2023.

1 Like

My daughter and SIL and their kids have been living with us for the past year (sold condo/looking for house) so I have been freeloading off their many streaming subscriptions. They had an accepted offer (with inspection condition) on a house yesterday so may be moving out mid-May. Some steaming services still permit users at different locations though.

Has Netflix cracked down yet on free users in other locations? That freebie has ended in Canada and I have gone back to a single location subscription.