What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

:sgrover:

Finally caught up with Poker Face. Fun show. I love they even made the titles in a 70s-looking font.

So Iā€™ve been re-watching Family Ties on Paramount.

I remember it being like the greatest show, or at least the second-greatest after The Cosby Show. Butā€¦ itā€™s not really all that great.

Donā€™t feel badly. Thatā€™s how I feel about a lot of things I watched that I thought were great when I was younger.

1 Like

That would be an interesting experiment to rewatch shows from decades ago to see which ones have held up. Fawlty Towers still holds up, but that was a limited series.

1 Like

Fawlty Towers definitely holds up for me.

All in the Family might not?

Just binged Peacemaker on HBO max. Goofy superhero comedy by James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy). Very underrated and worth giving a shot if you like dumb comedies.

2 Likes

Cheers holds up very well.

1 Like

Top Chef starts next week!

Yellowjackets returns March 23

Ted Lasso March 15

Workinā€™ Moms (on Netflix) in the spring

New season of the Mandalorian started on Disney+

Also started watching The Last of Us.

So probably a bit too much Pedro Pascal yesterday.

New Perry Mason season starts on Sunday, I think. Thatā€™s pretty good not-TV-itā€™s-HBO right there. My wifeā€™s cousin works on it.

Is there such a thing?

Just finished an Italian period piece called The Law According to Lidia Poet based on a true story of the first woman to be appointed to the Turin bar. Spoiler, she was later removed because they felt women couldnā€™t practice law. She helps solve one murder per episode (6 in total) on Netflix.

Now working on The Recruit on Netflix.

Whete you the one complaining about the random giant dong swinging when the dude ran down the road in S1?

What, not Unbearableā€¦ ?

Itā€™s on the list. Looks like a hoot

Saw Operation Mincemeat on Netflix over the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed.

Watched Chris Rockā€™s new standup.

He destroyed Jada and Will Smith. Very well done. Finally got his revenge.

Jada and Will Smith will forever be known as bitches.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. Seemed a bit extraneous. Well, a LOT extraneous, literally.

And, correction to myself: Starts tonight, not yesterday.

1 Like