What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

I think i read that this was an intentional change from the game to make it more reasonable thst anyone survives. This version is not spread through aerosolized spores like in the game.

Binge update:

Poker Face - loving through the first four episodes
National Treasure: Edge of History - one episode left. Fun cast. Light show.
Shoresy - Surprised with how good this was. Enjoyed this way more than Letterkenny, despite Shoresy being my least favorite Letterkeny character at the end of S10.
Lockwood & Co - binged it in a day. Looking forward to S2. Fantasy show right in my wheelhouse
Extraordinary - fun, irreverent. Great soundtrack. Really dislikes the lead character, but that was the point at times
Startrek Prodigy - second half of S1 ended strong. Hopefully S2 is as good

Apple TV binges
Foundation - Epic Scifi with Lee Pace and only one other person i recognized. Enjoyed it, looking forward to S2
Dickinson - wasnā€™t sure what to expect. In the middle of S1 and enjoying the story.
Shrinking - better than i expected. Really enjoying it.
The After Party - fun cast, lots of laughs. Looking forward to S2
Schmigadoon - still two episodes in S1. I like it but my wife doesnā€™t enjoy musicals as much as me

1 Like

finished Mare of Easttown S1. when I said everyone in the show was a total fā€™ing trainwreck of tragedy, i undercounted

2 Likes

Was thinking of starting Kaleidoscope per my daughter recommendation.

Quantum Leap sequel has been really good.
This past weeks episode was excellent.

We may have to give this another try. Watched the 1st episode and wasnā€™t grabbed. I guess it picks up?

It is lower on our list, but still really good.
One of the best broadcast TV shows, but that is a pretty low bar to clear.
We do love sci-fi and nostalgia, and both havd fond memories of the original.

Season 2 dropped today. Unfortunately, I doubt Iā€™m going to have much time this weekend to watch much.

We finally got HBO a few weeks ago, so Iā€™ve been catching up on all the HBO shows.

Binged White Lotus season 2 last night (after watching season 1 last week) -

Tom Hollander is fantastic in everything Iā€™ve seen him in. Iā€™ll have to see what else heā€™s been in.

Greg turned out to be even more of a jerk than I thought. At first it seemed he was an adulterous cad but he was so much more. I wonder if he still ended up with all the money in the end (perhaps someone will find the photo).

Dominic knew his son was being conned (even told him so) but was happy to spend the 50K with the hope of getting his wife back. This was a couple days after Albie had said ā€œYou canā€™t just buy people off, Dadā€.

I missed the subtle hint that Daphneā€™s trainer (blond hair and big blue eyes) was the father of her child and Cameron would prefer to floss his teeth than talk to same child.

Visiting the long-lost cousins and being told to f*ck off (and threatened with an artichoke) was hilarious.

Ethan and Cameron may stay friends because it did manage to revitalize Ethan and Harperā€™s marriage.

Nice that they had a West Ham United fan in the cast. Apparently West Ham has a bad history in Sicily - the fans rioted in Sicily when they lost a UEFA cup match to Palermo.

Iā€™m guessing Portia will be doing more thorough background checks on any potential boyfriends in the future.

[details][quote=ā€œknoath, post:1855, topic:800ā€]
I missed the subtle hint that Daphneā€™s trainer (blond hair and big blue eyes) was the father of her child and Cameron would prefer to floss his teeth than talk to same child.
[/quote][/details]
Oh Shit!!!

[details]I wondered both about the emphasis of detail in the description and his not talking to the kid as they were happening but also failed to connect the dots.

Alsoā€¦did Daphne and Ethan actually hook up? I couldnā€™t figure it out for sure, but I think yes. [/details]

We started rewatching Better Off Ted. I think the last time I watched it as shortly after it got canceled. Makes me laugh.

2 Likes

finished bridgerton S2.

still working through the wire (deep into S1 still)

Just yesterday the black sensor episode come up. ā€œWe all get our own free white guys.ā€

1 Like

Weā€™ve watched two episodes of ā€œGinny and Georgia.ā€ Probably wonā€™t watch anymore.

i have half watched many. youngest frazier binges such shows

Just meh. Got your standard cornucopia of characters. Cut the swearing down and it could be on Freeform (Disney Lightest). When (eventually) I pay for a service, I should get something more than basic cable fare, and something of higher quality.

Tried watching some The Good Place, as my wife has stated to binge that. Sheesh. For all Iā€™ve heard from here and elsewhere, it does not live up to the praise.

The good place didnā€™t have me hooked until the end of the first season. And it was one of the few shows that got better and better every season, and ended on a high note. The finale was funny and still had me bawling. But itā€™s certainly not for everyone.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t love the series finale of The Good Place, but itā€™s definitely one that just kept getting better as it went. I was ready to drop it 2 or 3 episodes in, but Iā€™m glad I stuck with it.

1 Like

Hmm.
The data so far (perhaps not fully credible) show that it is a chick series.

1 Like

Stick with it. So many great moments await

2 Likes