What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

do reservation dogs bring home people bags?

no. the title is an obv play on that. story revolves around 4 young people growing up on a reservation in oklahoma.

1 Like

never saw it before, so i recently started watching the HBO program “the Wire.”

not the best week to start a show that includes within it gratuitous police brutality, but so far it is good.

I need to watch that old “The Addams Family” show. Original Wednesday actress Lisa Loring died.

Poker Face - If you were a fan of Russian Doll and/or Columbo this show may be for you. I think it’s on NBC/Peacock. Final episode of season 1 set to release in mid-march if you want to wait for the whole season to drop.

Lockwood & Co - supernatural based show about ghost “busters” in a time after an event has made ghost haunting real. Not a comedy like Ghost Busters was though. Netflix

Enjoying both these shows.

1 Like

Started Poker Face last night. really enjoyed Ep1

Spaced - British Sit Com

I really like that one.

All Creatures Great and Small (PBS masterpiece) - show about veterinarians in Yorkshire, England in the 1930’s. Based on one of my favorite books (of the same name). These are mostly light, feel-good stories.

1 Like

My wife loves that show. I haven’t gotten into it even though my ancestors were from Yorkshire. I would probably enjoy it.

Extraordinary (Hulu) - Everyone gets a “super power” when they turn 18, though some are a bit bizarre. This quirky sitcom follows one girl who hasn’t seemed to get her power yet despite being 24.

1 Like

Another two Yorkshire shows that I like a lot are Happy Valley (season 3 is due out soon) and Last Tango in Halifax - both created by Sally Wainwright.

Sounds like the same plot as Encanto.

started mare of easttown. 3 episodes in (out of 7). good heavens is everyone in that town a total trainwreck

Oh yeah, my wife said the same thing.

1 Like

No everybody in that show is f-Ed up but it was really well done.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Poker Face in Hulu. Really enjoyable. It’s like Columbo, but darker.

1 Like

We watched an episode or two. It was good.

For some lightheartedness, Cunk on Earth is pretty good on Netflix

1 Like

I’m still on Lost, middle of season four. Starting Monday I will be doing a lot more tv watching for a while, I have a few recommendations already. I plan to try again to watch the wire, and a former colleague recommended the Larry sanders show. I wonder how far that will get me in my time off.

1 Like

I binge-watched that on Youtube about 10 years ago. Lots of great cameos.

2 Likes