What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Watched the premier of The Last of Us on HBO.

Pretty good. Never played the game so no idea what it’s about, but this type of genre always excites me when executed well.

Agreed. I liked the opening sequence too, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen this kind of plot explained upfront in a way that actually seemed plausible. The action sequences were very well done and tense. I like the characters so far. Love some Anna Torv

Halfway through the premier, yeah it’s very well done. Also never played the game.

Just finished Season 1 of Harley Quinn, big thumbs up.

Still working on Season 2 of Sense8. Both of the Wachowski’s did Season 1, Lilly stepped back following the death of their parents so Lana did Season 2 and the Matrix 4 solo. Still like the show, but it was better when Lilly was still involved.

Paper Girls via Amazon

I am sort of annoyed between S1E1 and S1E2 that the older girl has no memory of her younger self

I watched it too. I had absolutely 0 idea about what it was about. I didn’t even know it was a video game. I only knew that it was Lyanna Mormont and Mando/Viper in the main roles.

So I was surprised that it’s another zombie show. I will still watch it though, at least for a while. I watched TWD for a few seasons, but then it just started to bore me and it lost me completely.

We’re doing a time warp and doing Arrested Development again. I never did see the new season(s).

Remember, there’s always money in the banana stand.

1 Like

I don’t understand, and I won’t respond to it.

I still haven’t finished season 5 and it took me several years to get through 4. It’s not canon imo, and I too won’t respond to it.

1 Like

pop-pop gets a treat?

1 Like

Watching Severance (HBO I think). About halfway through. It’s good, really dark though. Lots of big names involved.

2 Likes

Started “Night Sky” on Amazon. Watched the first 3 episodes last night, we’re hooked. Sorry to hear in was cancelled after 1 season, hope we aren’t left on a cliff hanger.

Got a free Apple TV trial for a couple of months so am finally bingeing Ted Lasso.

1 Like

It’s Apple

1 Like

It was one of the few shows that was even better than I expected based on the substantial amount of hype I’d seen before watching.

I also recommend Severance.

2 Likes

Just re-watched Ted Lasso, my 2nd viewing. Just as good the 2nd time around.

Yep apple is correct. Thanks

Just started Tulsa King with Sly Stallone as a Mafia guy who spent 25 years in prison and didn’t rat out anyone. The family sends him to Tulsa to start over. Pretty entertaining so far, 3 episodes in.

They’re not good, FWIW.

1 Like

There’s a few funny moments, but they’re not nearly as good as the earlier ones.