What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Just watched Paper Girls on Amazon. Fun sci-fi time travel thing. Season one wrapped up nicely and set up for season 2. Not sure how it lines up with the comic it’s based on.

2 Likes

Watching Bosch on Amazon. It’s taken me a while to get over how different the TV series is from the books.

Watched Emily in Paris on Netflix this past Saturday.

are you pronouncing it correctly?

We finished Madoff a few days ago.

Good to learn all the details. Didn’t hear much of it during 2008 cuz I was still a student.

The Netflix series? There is also a 2016 TV Miniseries (Richard Dreyfuss) and a 2017 movie - The Wizard of Lies (DeNiro) – may have been some other more minor productions

If I know the details, is it worth a watch?

probably not, the reenactment is pretty funny, AKA cheesy, and dragging it out over 5 episodes seemed overkill.

Watched an episode of Kaleidoscope on Netflix. It’s a heist story with self-contained episodes that you can watch in any order you want. Interesting concept. I saw the Violet one that is a flashback that gives you the backstory to a couple of the characters (Giancarlo Esposito and Rufus Sewell). Not sure if I’m going to stick with chronological order or if I will mix it up a bit.

please give us the optimal viewing experience when you’re done.

I’m watching Kaleidoscope as well. Just taking the episodes in the order they are handed to me (which is different by account). I have heard the only recommendation is white episode last. So far it is interesting, but nothing special. If you like heist movies, you’ll probably like it. The order flexibility is an interesting, and maybe impressive concept, but overall, seems like that is the main gimmick, which I don’t think enhances the viewing experience, other than that thought in the back of your mind.

I also just watched Devil’s Hour on Amazon Prime on a recommendation from one of my friends. British, so only 6 episodes. I like that format as it is more compact, more digestible, and generally done better, in my opinion. First episode was pretty freaky/scary. I shouldn’t have watched it in the dark at 11:00 pm. But after that it turns more thriller, exciting, supernatural?, detective/murder story.

In the end I liked it. Interesting story idea. Interesting thought experiment. I have more I could say, but don’t want to spoil anything.

we watched Green last night (bf’s account’s first episode).

On my account yellow is first, and it’s my bf’s second episode.

We’ll probably just watch it on his account.

Watched the Witcher Blood Origin, 4 episodes. Very meh fantasy stuff. A lot of f-bombs scattered in there. Ton of bad accents I couldn’t really place what they were supposed to be.

You are very good at sarcasm. Are you actually a Canadian living in LA?

Why, thank you! I did add a “/s” for those not adept at identifying sarcasm.

This TV Series won a Golden Globe over “Barry,” which is truly fucking hilarious, well-written, and well-acted.

1 Like

Blandings

I seem to be bingeing The Mindy Project

I started Slow Horses.

Its a thriller and starts slowly. But theres enough to make me want to keep going.

Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III

I think Im stopping there.

I have enjoyed the newer ones as well as the Creed movies