What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

The Dropout. I am fascinated by all things con: cults, fraud, billionaires. Elizabeth Holmes is an interesting figure.

1 Like

We went on a fraud binge a few weeks ago with The Dropout, inventing Anna and we crashed (perhaps not strictly fraud but another case of silly money following stupid money).

1 Like

Wednesday (Netflix) love this show. Halfway through it yesterday.

3 Likes

How did you like We Crashed? I had started it a while ago but then forgot, only watched maybe a fourth of the first episode.

My husband does not care for that kind of stuff, so I have to watch it on my own time.

Finished Wednesday on Netflix. Well done. Only complaint is that as a 16 year old, Wednesday jumps to conclusions very quickly. Seems like cheap writing, but maybe ok for her age. Really looking forward to another season.

Also just finished 1899 during a long layover yesterday in Pearson Airport.

Although there were some flaws I liked it. It was a bit like reading a Murakami novel where you do not know what is real but you enjoy the ride. Superb acting.

1 Like

WAKE UP

We Crashed was so-so. I much preferred the We Work documentary that came out a year or so before.

I though Dark was convoluted but theyā€™ve out done themselves with 1899. Iā€™m not sure I care though if there is another season or not as Iā€™m not really sure where they would go with it but my wife read they are hoping to get 3 seasons total green lit so I guess weā€™ll see.

1 Like

I would hope they would not have another season of 1899 but undoubtedly they will.

1 Like

WHAT

I need to know where itā€™s going

Thatā€™s how I felt about the OA, I needed closure, and then they made season two and it was fine and all, but season one was better on its own, ending in chaos, than with season two.

2 Likes

I was happy where it ended but I donā€™t mind being left with unanswered questions.

If they do do a second season it will be interesting to see what direction they go. That is will the spaceship be a 2nd simulation or is she really back in reality and trying to free the remaining folks hooked up form the first simulation or is there a 3rd option Iā€™m not seeing. They certainly went in crazy directions with each season of Dark so Iā€™d expect no less form these creators.

I like the inception idea. Simulation on top of simuation. I mean s1 is kinda already like that. There was no need for the paneling if everything was simulated

Just finished Mammals on Amazon. James Cordon as a chef opening a new restaurant and finds out his wife is cheating on him. Sally Hawkins is in it too. Very strange story. Only 6 25 minute episodes.

Alice in Borderland s2 coming to Netflix in December, after a covid hiatus of 2+ years I think.

Itā€™s a good show. Watch s1 if you haventā€™!

Really liked season 1.

1 Like

Pepsi: Whereā€™s My Jet?

My wife and I watched this last night. I vaguely recalled this controversy popping up in the 90ā€™s but the backstory was great. One of the lawyers that popped into this was a very young Michael Avenatti which was interesting. Good watch for sure. Moral lesson: You never know when youā€™ll make a great friend.

2 Likes

That was so dumbā€¦ if theyā€™d just made it a billion or a trillion instead of a million it never would have happened. I was a kid and it was literally the first thing that popped into my mind: thatā€™s nowhere near enough pointsā€¦ someoneā€™s going to try to collect.

Which streaming service is it on?