What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Yeah it’s interesting. Kind of slow moving though…

From the ads, it looks like a “Misery” copycat. Is that true?

captor capable of far more lucid thoughts and sharing. more backstory as it relates to the captive’s life. i liked it (and loved misery, but didn’t see the connection until you typed it). i had no idea how it would end.

Started watching Yellowstone from the beginning. I think I will binge the whole series during the remainder of 2022, so I can catch up on season 5 which begins soon. I’m only about 3.5 episodes into season 1.

It harkens back to remind me of watching Dallas when it aired in the early 80’s.

The Crown s5 is kinda slow.

1 Like

Unsolved Mysteries, the Netflix version. Creepy music, sad stories.

Andor. Better than expected.

2 Likes

Working through season 6 of Bosch, season 2 of Warrior Nun and season 2 of The Vow.

Finished the Crown S5 last night and we’re all “that’s it? it’s done?” Season was pretty meh. And I never did get used to Dolores Umbridge as the Queen.

Starting Ted Lasso S1 for the first time. Ive heard good things

S1 of Andor is better than S1 of The Mandalorian

Agree.

1 Like

I always thought Mohamed El-Fayed was an interesting character so I enjoyed the episode focused on him. The reality is that the Queen is not a very colourful character whoever plays her.

Especially by that point in her life.

The earlier seasons, like where she threw a tennis racket at Philip were a little more colorful. And the episode that focused on Philip’s youth at Gordonstoun and the death of his sister and the funeral in Nazi Germany was pretty impactful.

I’m surprised they haven’t done more with her kids. Like the attempted kidnapping of Princess Anne or the breakdowns of Anne’s & Andrew’s marriages or Anne’s or Edward’s weddings were all pretty big events. They did have Andrew’s wedding.

That said I’m only partway into Season 5. But it’s too late to cover the kidnapping or the two weddings.

We are rewatching the good place. We watched it when it was originally on, but have never binged it start to finish. Also - I can’t believe that show finished before covid. I thought it was one of the shows that helped me get through the early parts.

4 Likes

Been watching Inside Man with the bf. Pretty interesting. But we only watch it when we’re together so we’re only like 2 episodes in.

Also, Dead to me s3 just came out, binged half the season last night.

Ooh, good excuse to rewatch S1 and S2 to “get back into it”!

watched it last week. loved the tucci character. and his “note taker.” hated the vicar and his stupid self and stupid wife. a never ending spiral of terrible decisions

I’m about 1.5 episodes in and feel the same way. The Tennant character is just too over-the-top. Liking the math teacher though.

1 Like

I watched all of the Guillermo del Toro Cabinet of Curiosities. Pretty hit or miss for me. A couple of kind of boring ones and a couple others that were not scary enough. Liked the alien one and the creepy painter one. Also the ron Weasley episode, but thought the outcome was a bit too telegraphed.