What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

At least one of my kids read some or all of those books. At some point I’ll get around to watching this but I don’t recall them being that deep.

Just saw trailer for third season of Jack Ryan. It reminded me of immediately of 24, it just needed the clock in the background.

So I have watched the first three episodes of Cabinet of Curiosities but would warn other prospective viewers that it is very disturbing. The third episode especially, The Autopsy, is not for the faint-hearted. However the quality of the production is phenomenal.

Watching second season of “The White Lotus.” Now set in Sicily.
One week at a time, not bingeing.
So, in the first episode, we have set up the characters. Only Jennifer Coolidge is a returning main character from Season 1, along with her now-husband that she met in Season 1.

Finished The Watcher.

Didn’t know it was based on a real house.
The ending is kinda…meh…probably because that’s really how it ended IRL.
I wish they made up something at least

What’s the vibe in that show - creepy neighborhood drama? It looks pretty good but I want some good tense wtf moments or I might not be into it.

kinda like The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window

It’s not a comedy (although it’s hard to take Jennifer Cooliage seriously), and there’s 0 gore.

So it’s a pretty easy show to watch if you enjoy light suspense.

Good introductory thriller for kids

Well now a 5th and a 6th Shameless alum have been added to The Connors.

Ever Carradine (played a former love interest for Debbie, and yes she is one of THOSE Carradines) is now a nosy neighbor of the Connors.

And Frank himself, William H Macy, arrives in Lanford as a new ne’er-do-well guy named Smitty soon

Having read/listened to all of the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series and Jack Ryan Jr (Campus) series, I was very interested in what Krasinski would do to it. I couldn’t imagine Jim Halpert pulling off Jack Ryan but he does a decent job. Though other than using the same names and them working for the CIA, nothing much else matches the books. Can’t wait for Season 3.

We’re on to a new show. The Bastard Son of the Devil Himself (Netflix). Has much promise after 1 episode. Hard to describe it without giving the plot away but it seems like the Blood Witches and Fair Born withes will be doing a lot of trying to kill each each other as the season progresses.

1 Like

Started White Lotus. Finished season 1 already.

I was having a hard time seeing where the show is going. I’m guessing it’s about white privilege? Makes sense given the title. There doesn’t seem to be an underlying plot, just the mundane lives of people.

Jack Ryan in the show is more like Jack Ryan Jr in the books.

When you think about it the campus really doesn’t make any sense…from how they illegally make money to being the CIA without any rules. I kind of feel like that Tom Clancy never really intended to write that before he passed away

Kinda like Scot Harvath’s (written by Brad Thor) Carlton group. At least Pike Logan’s (written by Brad Taylor) keeps it under government control kinda and Mit

Pretty much like GoA.

I have read all the Scot Harvath books. There at least they get paid legally and don’t pretend to be the CIA. Although the books are equally unrealistic.

The worst offender is the Bourne books where the character gets rebooted every few years.

I will have to try those Pike books. Thanks for the suggestion.

One thing that bothers me about Jack Ryan books is that he is on his third term. He had one term then resigned. Then became president again and is on his second term of his second presidency. I don’t know how they got away with this.

Also his third term seems to last forever…

bf told me to wait for him on White Lotus s2.

So now I’m watching Avenue 5, which he finished. So far so good.

season 1 of white lotus came up for us. Just finished it. It was well written, well acted and kept our attention good enough but we’re just not that into dark comedies so probably won’t watch season 2.

1 Like

Finished season 5 of Bosch. 2 more to go before the newer version.

Also finished The Imperfects on Netflix. Pretty good, a few plot holes. Hoping for a season 2.