What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

I get so many VPN ads and it seems like surf shark is sponsoring every single youtuber there is.

If there’s ever a show I need to pay in the US but it’s free somewhere else I guess I could considering investing in VPN

Well, I got the VPN because I wanted to watch the olympics on CBC. But I really liked the great Canadian baking show, and that’s not available in the US. Well, I found some site where people posted recordings, but I doubt it was legal, and the quality was mediocre. I would be happy to pay for CBC service, or buy some DVDs of the baking show, but neither is an option.

The Canadian and UK shows are very similar but the US one has a different vibe.

My friend’s daughter won Best Baker of the Week last night so that was exciting. She is incredibly talented.

1 Like

The judges are the stars of British Baking Show. Not sure how that’d translate to other countries with different judges. I haven’t seen other countries’.

The British judges are awesome. The Canadian judges mimic their styles but are paler versions.

I love the French guy in the Canadian show. I think he’s better than the current judges on the British show. I miss Mary Berry, though.

The hosts on the Canadian show are much quieter and have a less visible role than on the British show. Mostly, I think that’s an improvement.

I also like that the Candian show still mostly makes stuff that I could imagine myself making. I mean, not under those time constraints and all that, but it’s home baking done excellently. The British show used to do that, but has moved on to what’s mostly professional baking.

1 Like

I have to admit, ‘Reboot’ is getting better. Paul Reiser is really good.

Watched season 3 of Derry Girls on Netflix. Still hilarious, and they wrapped up nicely with a bit on the Good Friday referendum that put an end to the violence in Northern Ireland.

2 Likes

Werewolf By Night a one off Marvel piece on Disney+ was really good.

1 Like

Last binge was Stranger Things but the only shows we’re making real time for as of late are Jeopardy and Andor.

Diego Luna is looking a little more aged nowadays but he’ll never not be cute. Still a top 3 hottie.

I am usually all in for a good serial killer show, but Dahmer is too much, both the story and the Netflix show.

I did binge Inventing Anna, finally.

I liked that one a lot. The methods she used to get her way were astonishing.

1 Like

Watching the Sinner s4

watched black bird on Apple+. 6 episode mini. based on true story, guy sent to elicit confessions from a serial killer on where the bodies are. was just ok. (liked greg kinnear and ray liota in it.)

Finished season 3 of Derry Girls, the final season. Last episode was real good.

Through the first 3 seasons of Bosch, into the 4th.

finished the patient on Hulu. liked it. ending was a little abrupt and neat for me

Mr. Midnight: Beware the Monster. Netflix. Group of teens in Singapore are sort of teenage group of ghostbusters, not exactly but that’s the best I can describe it. It’s based off a children/teen horror series from Asia that has over 100 books with more being pumped out all the time, so plenty of material if the show catches on. We’ve enjoyed the first 5 episodes. This first season has 13.

Have started watching Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix. Puts me a bit in mind of one of my favourite childhood series (The Twilight Zone) but much more morbid and nightmarish. If you like the horror genre you will enjoy this well-crafted series.

as with sandman, the school of good an evil, etc. Netflix seems to be focused on pretty animation more than plot.

Cabinet of Curiosities has good plots and less visual effects. The Guardian’s review gives some good insights into the series.