What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

We started Midnight Club - 3 episodes in I think, maybe 4 - very well done. Horror, mystery kind of thing with teens with terminal illness in a sort of idyllic hospice setting. If you’re referring to the new Netflix series.

Yup.

I think it’s made by the same Haunting series production, hill house, bly manor, midnight mass, midnight club?

I’ll add it to the list

It’s a little old, but I’ve been watching Jim Halperin as Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. Almost through season 1, and it is pretty good. Jim really has gotten himself buffed up.

Hey has anyone noticed that they have added a FOURTH cast member of Shameless to the cast of The Connors (nee Roseanne) which now can be called Shameless West?

It was hard to watch Carl hitting on his sister Debbie in Lanford, west of Chicago. That’s messed up. But now they are step-cousins and Mickey is their step-uncle I guess and Frank’s former squeeze is now their step aunt and/or step grandma? Maybe they could bring in Fiona too. Maybe when Fiona departed the South Side, she ended up in Lanford, too.

also a three actor crossover with Big Bang Theory - all from the original, plus a fourth, Katey Segal, played Penny’s mother.

Segal was one of those also on Shameless

Except in the books he is a bearucrat.

The series is pretty good but it sort of misses the whole point that he is an analyst figuring stuff out and using his brain.

Do you mean he is not going to get back at the middle eastern bad guy by molding his stapler in a big block of Jello?

Finished watching How to Sell Drugs Online on Netflix. It’s fun and I guess based on a true story of high school kids in Germany getting mixed up in drug dealing. 3 seasons of 6 episodes so not too long. Apparently there will be a 4th season and a spinoff movie about one of the more colorful characters from the show.

I have friends who sell drugs. It’s really not that much money. I guess in order to get really rich you do have to get online and be entrepreneurial about it.

1 Like

I have watched the prime show and I can assure you he doesn’t use a stapler…

With selling, it seems to me that the risk is not at all worth the potential financial upside. I have some friends who sell or have sold in the past, and it seems like they’re always one step away from having their entire lives ruined. And they all did it as a side gig, so a few extra hundred bucks a month or so.

Yup. One of my best friend’s friends got busted years ago and went to prison. Definitely not worth it imo.

1 Like

For those wondering, the margin for each gram of drug (if sold by gram) is around $20-40, depending on how far down the chain you are.

If you are smart and play it safe, ie only sell to people you know well, you really cannot sell all that much a month.

If you start selling to strangers, you put yourself at significantly higher risk.

Yeah that’s what this show is about - selling ecstasy online on the dark web. It doesn’t go smoothly.

Finished “She Hulk” last night.
Very enjoyable, true in the absurd 4th wall breaking just like the source material.
Also, Tatiana Maslany is just fun.

Also watching “Andor” weekly
It is brilliant.
That three episode premier was a great movie, and set the stage well for everything since.
The last episode(#6) was the best yet.
Exciting, beautiful and very engaging. Nice to have a show like this that really keeps my attention.

2 Likes

Current season Great Brittish Baking Show

1 Like

The judges on the British baking show are so entertaining.

We are currently also watching the Canadian baking show as the daughter of a US actuarial friend of mine is doing quite well on it.

Ooh, i love the Canadian version. I wish i could get it in the US.

(I watched on a VPN that claimed to be in Canada for a while.)