What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Really enjoyed Bunheads. Some of the cast went on to other things as well. Sutton Foster did Younger, one of my favorites. She is also on Broadway in Music Man opposite Hugh Jackman. Bailey De Young has a regular role in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Emma Dumont was in Licorice Pizza and Inherent Vice.

2 Likes

I think Sutton Foster came from Broadway, but i could be mistaken.

I will always remember her first as Coco.

1 Like

Yeah, she won her first Tony back in the early 2000ā€™s, and had two before she did Bunheads.

1 Like

She started out as a dancer and you can see that in Bunheads. I wish they had a second season.

2 Likes

Eh, typical network-level tripe imo.

Forged in fire. Itā€™s like popcorn. Not very memorable, but fun while you consume it.

I also just started the Sandman. I stopped after one episode, because i thought my husband would enjoy it, and we should consider watching together. Researched the first episode with him last night, and will probably continue.

1 Like

I liked Bunheads. I thought it was too bad they didnā€™t renew it.

Home sick so watching Hallmark movies & more channel on Samsung TV. Really liked the Cedar Cove seriesā€”I read some of those books by Debbie Macomber a while back. Perfect mindless drivel for a sick day.

Finally finished Ms. Marvel

In the post credit scene of the last episode:

Brie Larson looked really skinny. Like, unhealthy skinny.

We didnā€™t see much of her, so maybe it was just the camera angle or something.

Said it was renewed but Iā€™ll be curious if they bring the reporter back. In the book, they almost got romantic until he shot his CIA friend who had rapped det-cord around her neck and was holding a deadman switch. So I was quite disappointed in how he ended up taking care of his CIA friend..

I donā€™t think she is very involved in the second book so that might not be a problem.

Started Sandman and Locke & Key.

1 Like

not two shows at the same time!

My wife and I are watching Sandman but Daughter isnā€™t interested so she sheā€™s around weā€™re watching Locke & Key. Think weā€™re 4 in on sandman and 2 in upon L&K

1 Like

finished S3 of Umbrella Academy. my review of it is more or less like that of the latest stranger things - hard to follow, everything could have been shorter, and just ok. so i think the genre doesnā€™t work for me eventually.

Iā€™m rewatching s2 of locke & key.
Watched the recap of s3e1 and I was like, I do not remember any of this.

1 Like

Currently binge watching uncoupled. I love neil patrick harris, and this show is all him. Captivated from the first 10 seconds.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t aware of any renewal. Interesting since they seemingly closed all plotholes as far as I can tell. But, as did the Bourne series, new ones can certainly be opened.

The Terminal List is book one of the James Reese series by Jack Carr. And so it neednā€™t have plotholes to continue. They get a whole new story. Reacher is doing that on Prime. It got renewed as well.

1 Like

In the middle of Season 2 of The Fall on Amazon Prime, a drama set in Belfast starring Gillian Anderson as Inspector Stella Gibson of the Metropolitan Police and Jamie Dornan as Paul Spector, a psychopathic serial killer. The cat-and-mouse game plays out over several seasons and with multiple underlying arcs re: neighborhood allegiances, secrets best kept secret, lies and deception, naivete, and political manipulation.

I was noticing both of those shows. Iā€™ve read a lot of Neil Gaiman but not Sandman. Locke and Key just looked interesting.

I started Outlander last night. I was never gonna watch it. Read the first book back in the day but it was about a third longer than it needed to be.

Then the other day my baby sister mentioned wanting the Outlander books and I was surprised bc she tends to not read much and when she does itā€™s nonfiction. Turns out she got into the show via some work friends and has watched several seasons. So now watching it is a way to connect with her.

Anyway, Iā€™ve watched 2 whole episodes so weā€™ll see how much I stick with this. I really need to work today if I can just get rid of this headache.