What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

only when it is complete

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Stranger Things &
British Baking Show

are the only shows I watch as seasons drop

We are out of stuff and eagerly awaiting the big August & September releases (GoT & Tolkien prequels, The Sandman, Locke & Key S3, She-Hulk and Star Trek Lower Decks)

Watching Orville, Only Murders and What We Do in the Shadows as they are released.

Gray Man mobie was fun

Heck, even caught up on Stargirl & Harley Quinn in anticipation of their new season.

May rewatch Season 3 of Westworld or Dark.
Wife isnā€™t really interested in eitherā€¦

:scream:

I like this

2 Likes

I may do this too. Saw s1 and s2 many times, only saw s3 once.

Do it. Itā€™s really good

Started ā€˜Brand New Cherry Flavorā€™ on Netflix. I missed it when it came out last year, then forgot about it, then it popped up on their scroll.

Looks like my type of bonkers stuff. Has Mullholland Drive vibe.

It was very interesting. Really enjoyed it. Very weird though.

Any thoughts on Lord of Rings Amazon TV show trailer?

Kind of hard to tell if it will be good

Iā€™m certainly excited about it. But yeah hard to tell if it will be good or suck. Supposedly it pulls from the Appendixes at the end of the Return of the King. That might be material even less read than the Silmarillion. I know Iā€™ve read through the Appendixes at some point but that was many years ago. And they will obviously condense the time frame to work with a TV series format.

I think Iā€™m most excited to see how the 9 rings for mortal man doomed to die, turn out in character development from before and after they are given them from Sauron. Apparently there is a season 2 already in development/filming? so hard to say how far they plan to go in season one.

Wife and I started ā€œPeaky Blinders.ā€
Not sure for whom to root.
Figured out the first twist, in which the innocent bartendress isā€¦ undercover
Didnā€™t catch on to the second twist, though that actor might be a big British star so canā€™t kill him off in the first episode. Character seems pretty offable.

I enjoyed reading the appendices. The last part of the silmirillion covers some second age stuff too. I donā€™t know if itā€™s fleshed out much in any of the stuff that has been published more recently.

I imagine theyā€™ll cover the fall of numenor. We might see some of our friends like Gandalf and Elrond, which would be interesting.

Iā€™m looking forward to it and really hope it doesnā€™t suck.

1 Like

Actually, probably not Gandalf. He wouldnā€™t have been around yet.

Started Watchmen the HBO series because of recommendations.

3 Likes

But Elrond and Galadrial will be in it.

Iā€™m excited. Iā€™ve been waiting for this for decades. I eagerly awaited the Sillmarillion, expecting a good narrative about the second age. It wasnā€™t a very good narrative, although there are lots of good stories in it. This is the version i was hoping for then. Yeah, it might suck. But it could be really awesome, and the initial indications seen promising.

I already have a remote watch party planned.

Currently watching new seasons of forged with fire and the glass-making version. ā€œBlown awayā€.

I donā€™t see anyone slated to be Gandalf on IMDB.

The names I do see there make sense for the fall of numenor and the end of the second age.

Iā€™ve been watching videos from a youtube channel about the history of Middle Earth. Iā€™m pretty impressed by the guyā€™s research and the production value of the videos.

Started watching Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu. Based on a Jon Krakauer book of the same name. Double homicide in Mormon country in Utah. Makes them seem like a cult.

7 eps. Each one a little over an hour, so probably 8 hrs of viewing. Just watched one last night.

It was frustrating, b/c firestick/Hulu app kept freezing momentarily so everything was very choppy.

Also started re-watching friends from College. Thought it was meh the first time, but my wife wanted to watch it again, and itā€™s funnier the second time around.

I read the book. The book alternates between the Mountain Meadows Massacre in the 19th century and the double homicide in the 20th. With a decent bit of history of how/when/why the Mormons migrated from New York to Utah via Missouri mixed in, and when/why polygamy was outlawed and the origins of the FLDS sect.

Iā€™ll be curious to see how you like the TV adaptation.

1 Like