What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Most of what I watch on HBO probably isn’t your thing, just saying if you want to (re?) watch GoT, you could do it on your own time.

I enjoyed the Mare of Easttown, but Mr. NA didn’t. I mostly use HBO Max for SATC and The OC rewatches, and watching movies I wouldn’t pay directly to give a try.

1. I liked Mare of Easttown.
  2. Not going to rewatch SATC.
  3. I didnt want to watch GoT. I just couldn’t stop once i started. Hadn’t seen Season 1 in almost forever.
  4. Thinking about The Flight Attendant.
  5. The fact that i can watch something anytime makes me less inclined to plan to watch it. One those paradox things I’m trying to push past.
1 Like

I’ll sometimes use the “leaving this month” as a way to determine how much I really want to watch items on my list.

Hacks is good. I think it’s on HBO?

Gilded Age?

Binged obiwan today. That last Vader fight scene was so sad… :tired_face:

Finished Ms. Marvel on Disney+. Whole family really liked it.

Started season 2 of Only Murders in the building. Shirley McClaine!

1 Like

Shirley MacLaine - spelling issues this morning?

Watched Arcane on Netflix with my granddaughter. Great animation.

However you spell it, that was a surprise seeing her still acting.

Not a TV thing, but just caught up to the present on “Office Ladies” podcast.

Started Outer Range on Amazon. Seems like my kind of show. Josh Brolin doing his grumpy cowboy thing and there’s weird sci-fi stuff going on.

Downton Abbey - had a few to choose from, but don’t always trust Prime shows will be there when I want them, most of my others were Netflix

not totally a binge, but started The First Ladies miniseries

Thinking about starting Outlander. Thoughts?

Just finished The Silent Sea on Netflix. Nicely done, a bit of sci-fi and horror. I really hoped they would explain the mystery at the end … but I still enjoyed it.

Any watchers of the first season of The Old Man on FX?

It’s a spy thriller featuring two over the hill 70 something spies - one retired and in hiding and one who has reached a high level of bureaucratic/administrative success. They get pulled back into a mess they had been involved with 40 years ago. Strong performances from Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow and the girl who played Maebe on Arrested Development. But the writing was kind of tedious and some parts are hard/boring to watch.

Season 1 is over - it was only 7 episodes.

Watch Gilded Age after!

Way late to the game, but just watched the first two seasons of Jack Ryan and definitely enjoyed it. Season 1 was better than Season 2, but I liked both. Supposedly season 3 should drop this year.

2 Likes

One thing I learned from Jack Ryan is not to get into a road rage incident on the way to a job interview.

I struggled, and failed, to get through it. But I have friends who just love it.

1 Like