What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Good final episodes of Succession and Marvelous Mrs Maisel. Hoping Ted Lasso doesn’t disappoint.

Started to binge Maisel now that it’s finished. Got through the first three episodes tonight.

Not sure how Barry could have ended differently, but Stephen Root was awesome in the whole series and Emmy-worthy this season.

2 Likes

Started the last seasom of barry on friday. Finished it today. Excellent show imo

Finished mrs maisel. Liked the last seasom and the wrap of it.

Fingers crossed for ted lasso to be excellent too.

Have seen 0 successiom ever. Maybe thats next (after i finish last season of the wire)

1 Like

Still need to watch the finale. It is one i watch on my own, so mostly during lunch when i WFH.

I assume there is one way for it to end for Barry, but not certain what will happen to everyone else.

And agree about swole Stephen Root.

We started Succession and made it halfway through S1 before my wife lost interest in it, since there was no one likable on the show.

I may start it up on my own

I think your first decision was correct.

the wire has very few likeable people. very few. some grow into it eventually, but overall it’s an unlikeable bunch.

I find some of the best series have this characteristic: House of Cards as well as Succession.

Breaking Bad. Wife commented on main characters being quite unlikable, particularly Walt. I said I thought that was the point.

2 Likes

That was not the ending i expected at all.

Like Full House, too

Enjoyed the Ted Lasso finale. Wrapped everything up nicely with some fun misdirects along the way.

It was great hearing the final two songs back-to-back. I always made an association between the two but didn’t realize it was such an explicit connection.

1 Like

Will try to get through the final few episodes of Ted Lasso tonight.

1 Like

We tuned in at 9 EDT last night for the finale, and they weren’t releasing until midnight! So I haven’t watched yet, and may not have time to watch tonight, either. I’m sad.

we tuned in at 9PM central and the fine print said 9PM Pacific. So we killed time and watched it. Liked it.

I’m staying with a friend in the Pacific time zone and she was excited that it was dropping at 6 PM and very disappointed that it didn’t.

But then she was horrified that I hadn’t given what she deemed to be a fair shot to Emily in Paris when it first came out, so we ended up watching Emily in Paris instead.

Since I haven’t seen the first 2.9 seasons of Ted Lasso that was fine, although I still think Emily in Paris is only ok. Not terrible, but not great either.

Finished Ted.
Very excellent. Wrapped up everything like a typical American TV show, more F-words than you can count, but for some reason could not say that other F-word.
Kind of makes one wonder…

Still loved it.

1 Like

Watching the 1619 Project on ABC. I think it’s all the episodes in a row, so, bingeing.

Also missed the Ted Lasso finale tonight as my wife and I went out for a long, lovely dinner to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary. She is also a big fan of the show so undoubtedly will catch it late tomorrow night after a charity dinner I am attending.

3 Likes