What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

We finally finished “Daisy Jones and The Six” (Prime).
Extremely meh.

Watched the first couple episodes of Mrs. Davis (Peacock). Looks like a wild ride. Not sure I trust one of the Lost guys to make it make sense, but I promise not to get too invested in it.:wink:

1 Like

have it in my queue of stuff to watch

You will be disappointed.

I’ve only seen the first episode of Mrs. Davis. Pretty weird. Waiting for it to finish and then I’ll binge.

Started on Better Call Saul, never seen it before. Into season 2.

can’t be, no expectations

Finished Perry Mason, started the Diplomat. Feels like I’m doing a reunion of The Americans. Diplomat so far is fantastic. And speaking of cast reunions, I almost resumed The Man in the High Castle before going with the Diplomat, with Rufus Sewell being excellent in both.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the second season of the British show, The Capture, on Peacock. The main new actor for this season, Paapa Essiedu, is having a great run - he’s also starring in the upcoming The Lazarus Effect (advertised constantly by TNT during the NBA playoffs) and was in I May Destroy You (number 1 tv show for The Guardian in 2020).

We really enjoyed the first season but it felt a little too unresolved. The second season finished up nicely and you can never get too much Ron Perlman.

all caught up

I am 2 episodes in, and I like it and I will finish the season for sure.

It feels a lot like Madam Secretary with Tea Leoni. NTTAWWT

that was a regular watch for us. great cast, especially Broadway talent

Watching Barry on HBO as it airs.

This last weeks episode (S4E4) was just bonkers.
Wow

Just finished Requiem on Netflix. 2018 I think, 6 episodes so not new but was interesting l if you like supernatural stuff with detective type show that can be tough to follow at times this is probably up your alley. I enjoyed it but I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite but at least it’s complete.

1 Like

Not binging, but watched 3 episodes of Ted Lasso over the weekend and I still love it.

Not exactly sure what people didn’t like about it. Is it silly and pointless and the one thing you thought the team was about seemed to get thrown out the window?

I like the silly and pointless and figure the team stuff will resolve itself.

I’ll keep Apple + until the season finishes. Looking forward to getting back to Bad Sisters too.

3 Likes

Psych. OK, I"m 6 episodes in and I’ve already learned if there’s a woman that Shawn hits on in the episode, she did it.

2 Likes

I don’t know, either. I won’t spoil anything, but there are some storylines this season that people, especially on Reddit, are taking WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. Like, they seem to forget that this show is not real life.

1 Like

That trope does slow down a bit

Have you found any pineapples yet?

1 Like

The first one I noticed was when they wrapped up one with a bow as a gift. It was striking in being out of place. Then right after that I’d looked at the imdb entry and they mentioned things that apparently happen in every episode (pineapple, the word “delicious”, “I can’t do this right now.”, “What?”, and, of course, the fist bump)

1 Like

Really enjoying Reservation Dogs on Hulu