What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

Whilst watching Handmaids Tale, came across Reboot with Keegan Michael Key and Paul Reiser. About a group of actors/writer rebooting a 00’s sitcom with the same actors.

Some funny bits, but like a Friends from College but on a studio lot instead of NYC.

totally agree! imagine for a second another season somehow. are there other levels of unhinged/angry shouting that june can demonstrate? I think not.

Agree with this, but The Crown seems to be an exception. They’ve cut so much I think they could’ve done it in double the episodes.

That’s unfortunate as it was so well done in the early seasons.

finished Better Call Saul.

didn’t expect the last 3 episodes to take the path they did. but a solid pathway that did take you right up to where breaking bad would have commenced. a great show IMO.

1 Like

Well, the first season had the original source material. The second, I bet, had Maggie Atwood’s notes.

After that, everyone is winging it.

Just realized there’s a thread for this…

I would just add in this thread that the earlier Handmaid’s Tale movie followed Atwood’s book closely but still flopped. I think the current show’s producers were smart to consult Atwood heavily in the production aspects and Elizabeth Moss was a fantastic choice for the main character.

The first season was a very good adaptation of the book. The second season was enjoyable. The 3rd season was a bit of a hot mess. I did not make through season 4 though I tried.

The original movie followed the book pretty closely. I think it was ahead of it’s time and maybe tried to cover too much in a movie format.

2 Likes

These are fun. I liked their redo of Much Ado About Nothing & Taming of the Shrew… haven’t looked at the other two yet.

Episode 6 of Dahmer was a rough one.

I’ve just watched the old BBC television series of “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” and “Smiley’s People” on YouTube. Each consist of six episodes of about 55 minutes. Absolutely superbly done, even though I didn’t follow much of what was happening. I immediately watched them both again, and enjoyed them just as much second time around (and followed them much better.) Alec Guinness as George Smiley is outstanding but there are many other excellent performances as well.

2 Likes

Midnight Mass (Netflix)

very good!!

Need to watch Midnight Club still. Will probably watch that soon

a bit slow, I liked the others better

Is that a 4th in the Trilogy?

We started Midnight Club - 3 episodes in I think, maybe 4 - very well done. Horror, mystery kind of thing with teens with terminal illness in a sort of idyllic hospice setting. If you’re referring to the new Netflix series.

Yup.

I think it’s made by the same Haunting series production, hill house, bly manor, midnight mass, midnight club?

I’ll add it to the list

It’s a little old, but I’ve been watching Jim Halperin as Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. Almost through season 1, and it is pretty good. Jim really has gotten himself buffed up.