What are you reading?

anything not claimed or kept will be dropped at Little Lending Libraries, i have close to 8 within 2 miles

Read Hamlet. Itā€™s chock-a-block full of stuff youā€™ve heard beforeā€¦that came from this play.

Yeah. We filled quite a few community library boxes when we cleaned house.

1 Like

Iā€™d second hamlet. The main premise is pretty interesting, and that makes the whole thing kind of interesting.

Reading the Haunting Danielle series by Bobbi Holmes. Currently on #4, The Ghost Who Wanted Revenge.

Also a few more from the Christmas River series by Meg Muldoon. Next up is #6, Manic in Christmas River.

Only shopping I did over the weekend was at Barnes & Noble. Got a signed copy of The Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham. I probably wonā€™t read this one until 2023, but you never know.

Also picked up Holidays in Virgin River by Robyn Carr. It has 2 novellas and some recipes. Iā€™ll probably save this one for my vacation later this month.

I think in 2023 Iā€™m going to try to read some newer books. I do have a backlog of audiobooks Iā€™ve already purchased though, and Iā€™m enjoying these two cozy mystery series, so weā€™ll see.

I read so few New books. I can only remember once buying a new release at a book store (or getting at a library)

We did buy the Harry Potter for my kids as they came out, I read somewhat later, while still fresh. But that was parenting.

1 Like

I donā€™t read many unless itā€™s an author Iā€™m very familiar with, often part of a series.

I read Carrie Soto Is Back this year bc Iā€™ve come to love Taylor Jenkins Reid. And Iā€™ve been watching for the latest from Louise Penny bc I love her 3 Pines series. (Looks like A World of Curiosities gets released tomorrow.)

ETA: Just checked Audible and I already pre-ordered the new Louise Penny. Yay me for planning ahead for once.

I hadnā€™t read ā€œnew booksā€, or even ā€œnew to me authorsā€ for years. And then i decided to start reading novels again. I got a lot of recommendations from friends.

1 Like

my BiLā€™s mother said she will give me Where The Crawdads Sing. 4 years old? pretty new for me. Definitely new author

Will read a new author if i know the title

Iā€™ve been listening to Anne Bogelā€™s podcast What Should I Read Next and hearing about new titles and new to me authors there.

Just finished reading The Choirboys, a 70ā€™s novel (though the jacket says all the events happened (maybe not all in this order)) about LA Cops who unwind by drinking heavily after their night watch.
I guess for the time it might have been pretty alarming, though itā€™s alarming now for other reasons.

i like Wambaugh, though far from my favorite

Thanks for the heads-up. Iā€™ve got the audiobook on hold now.

1 Like

The vast majority of my reading selections are due to comments in this thread. If someone comments on a new book, I may get to it fast.

Prozac Nation. It was popular when it came out so wanted to understand its appeal. Not recommending it.

1 Like

finished Master & Commander, onto Post Captain. Interesting to see what shenanigans Aubrey is up to during the peaceā€¦

Re-reading ā€œThe Making of the Atomic Bombā€ by Richard Rhodes. Highly recommended. Structure and style is similar to Siddhartha Mukherjee.

Iā€™ve been on a bit of a Gaiman kick after reading American Gods. Really enjoyed Neverwhere, Anansi Boys was decent and iā€™m not a huge fan of Good Omens. I also watched season 1 of Sandman which had some great episodes and some less great episodes.

Switching gears a bit, recently started N.K. Jemisinā€™s Broken Earth Trilogy.

2 Likes