What are you reading?

I liked his book on hallucinations

Even though the person he mentions in the book has a case -much- worse than I, that book was huge in me accepting my Touretteā€™s for what it was.

[finally got diagnosed this year!]

1 Like

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

5 Likes

Loved the series. I need to read more Le Guin.

I finished the first section of Sea of Tranquility, but switched to Artificial Condition (Murderbot 2) for an even quicker read since Iā€™m running late on my summer reading program. Iā€™ll probably read Murderbot 3 before getting back to Sea of Tranquility.

Take My Hand by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.

The Professor and the Madman

Switched to nonfiction. Stolen Focus by Johann Hari.

One of Our Thursdays is Missing, Jasper Fforde

1 Like

I finished Rogue Protocol, Murderbot #3, which finishes the summer reading program requirements. Now back to Sea of Tranquility.

reminds me of the movie What Happened to Monday?

I love Jasper Fforde. Did he stop writing?

NOPE! In fact, a sequel to his Shades of Grey is coming out early next year! https://www.waterstones.com/book/red-side-story/jasper-fforde/9781444763669

3 Likes

Heā€™s published 3 other books in the past 5 years (Early Riser, The Constant Rabbit, The Great Troll War): Chronological Bibliography: Jasper Fforde

1 Like

Ok. I remember reading Shades of Grey and liking it and being disappointed when the sequel didnā€™t come out. Maybe bc of unfortunate timing with that other Shades of Grey series. After watching for what seemed like a long time, I had moved on. Glad to know he has more works. Although I could stand to reread the Thursday Next series now that Iā€™ve read a lot more of the classics that are referenced.

I went to put it on my goodreads list and got a laugh in that it already has 81 ratings, for just over 4 stars, and has 34 ā€œreviewsā€.

1 Like

I liked Shades of Grey and look forward to the sequel (Ffordeā€™s, that is) as I liked the Colorworld concept

The Constant Rabbit was minorly interesting, but not interesting enough to pursue further.

Early Riser was really creepy, I thought, and I donā€™t want anything more on that one

I would like more on the Nursery Crimes stuff, if heā€™s interested in that.

1 Like

Something more urban fantasy, Iā€™ve been enjoying Ben Aaronovichā€™s Rivers of London world. I read the novels, and now Iā€™m going through the comics, which are more like short stories. It also gives the non-speaking characters (esp Molly and Toby) more of a chance to shineā€¦

I finished A Song for Arbonne, the Harper Hall trilogy, and Pantagruel. Reading Gargantua and Dino Buzzatiā€™s The Tartar Steppe now.

1 Like

next genre up - Mystery & Detective, for my beach book

Gorky Park - Martin Cruz Smith