United States Presidential & Congressional Election 2024

That may be true. I’m pretty sure that MAGA fans would give you a blank stare on that.

(Also, note that the Dow was pushing 30,000 in 2020 before covid. Expectations must have been high then.)

Major breaking news: Mike Pompeo is not going to run.

This is going to shake up the race not one bit.

2 Likes

So it turns out that when the media uses fundraising dollars as a way of keeping score in the election, then campaigns start double counting their fundraising dollars to sound better. Who knew?

Politics are so disgusting these days.

1 Like

dunder mifflin infinity all over again

2 Likes

Begun the Republican Primary ad wars have.

Trump attacks pudding fingers DeSantis:

Who drops an ad calling Trump pro gun control right before Trump’s NRA speech:

and desantis isn’t even officially running yet.

Only because he isn’t legally allowed to. I’ve never published a book, but suspect that if I did, the most important stops on a book tour probably wouldn’t be the huge reading markets of Iowa and New Hampshire and Liberty College.

2 Likes

Biden is officially running…

So… how do we get anyone else to be the D candidate?

Biden will have to step down (or die). Kamala will take over (break that cherry, metaphorically(!!)), and there will be a real primary (unless they want to put a woman up against Trump – went so well last time).

“step down” probably means stroke or some other serious illness that draws more attention to his age.

A 25th amendment thing because Biden is too sick to chose to resign would be really awkward.

pure made up theory - biden declaring takes the main hits from whoever the other party opposition is. in that regard, him declaring is important. he could then be quietly (or loudly) telling others that he doesn’t mind a challenger. among the challengers, if someone really strong emerges he could withdraw and throw in with whoever he prefers/views as strongest.

Yeah, obviously I like any theory where Biden secretly wants to retire.

It’s at least plausible that the strategists want to skip the primary and then have him step down for the general election, basically just declaring Kamala the winner.

The basic problem is I don’t think most people can declare. It would be “inappropriate” for Pete or Kamala to challenge their own boss.

It might also be a show of “weakness” if the sitting president is too old to run/win.

Much more likely that he runs, wins, then if he wants to hand it off to Kamala later he will.

any chance he picks feinstein as his running mate just to thumb his nose at everything?

2 Likes

From predictit email:

A lot of folks seemed up in arms about CNN doing a town hall with Trump. I won’t watch it, but don’t care about them doing it.

However, now that the format is out it’s laughable. The audience is exclusively Republicans and conservative leaning independents. Not exactly a “town hall”. Expect some really cutting questions like " do you think you’re the greatest president ever or just the 2nd greatest?"

Maybe they’re trying to be fair and balanced?

A lot of the `town halls’ in previous elections were that way too. They’re basically glorified campaign ads.

1 Like