United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

That was McCaskill’s strategy when she ended up winning against “legitimate rape” Akin. Call your weakest opponent “too conservative” to help them in the primary.

2 Likes

There are 32000 Somalis in her district. Probably far less are eligible to vote. Of those that are eligible only some vote. Seat looks fairly safe even if she loses the Somali vote.

1 Like

Trump was the best thing to ever happen to the DNC. They don’t even need to update their strategy for a decade probably. If the “October surprise” were a Trump indictment, I’ll bet those clever Democrats can time it just about perfectly so his trial is ongoing during the 2024 general.

Trump is taking the bait. He is itching to announce his candidacy ASAP. If he does 2022 becomes about him rather than Biden and Republicans have a much harder row to hoe IMO. He probably thinks there will be some kind of immunity if he runs or his lawyers have told him he could use it to push things out. He’s the master of pushing things out.

1 Like

This has got exactly zero traction in Minneapolis, as it was nothing

Honestly, this is the furst time i am hearing about it, over two weeks later.

Might be shocking to for some ro hear, but the Somali community in the cities is not a monolith. Also, this is the standard action the rightwing media and provocateurs have shown towards her as of late, to try attack her from within the Somali community.

I hate this shit.
Always backfires as of late.

1 Like

I am not sure what is legally permissible, but if allowed it seems that the DOJ needs to file indictments ASAP and have them sealed until after the election.

I’m eager to vote for not-Biden, or even not-DeSantis… but if you throw Trump up there then bring out the trash can because there’s no way in hell I’m voting for DJT…

Hasn’t this been true for a while. Massive voter turnout in 2008 to elect Obama also lead to the passing of Prop 8 in California. Most minority groups in the Democratic Party tend to be socially more conservative than the Democratic Party’s average. It’s why the GOP has started performing so much better with Hispanic voters.

Desantis
Biden
Trump

In that order IMO. Hopefully there is some other competition on the D side. I don’t see anyone other than those 2 winning the R nom.

I’m not sure who else on the D side is angling for a shot yet, with the possible exception of Newsom. There’s still lots of time though.

Mayor Pete might give it another go.

I like Mayor Pete a lot.

1 Like

Would be awesome to have someone closer to double my age than triple…

He probably won’t run unless Biden decides not to, and even then, there is Ka-Ma-La to contend with in the “it’s my lane” theory of succession.

I really hope Biden doesn’t run again. He was too old in 2020, as was Trump.

1 Like

Kamala is a no go. She has 0% chance of winning. No one likes her. Even the people that work for her hate her.

OK, Q for you:
Kamala or Trump?

holy smokes, do I need to add “& Presidential” to the thread title as well?

2 Likes

Is there a Presidential election in 2022? Asking for a friend. (Not asking for Trump, who apparently thinks there is.)