TV shows you stopped watching because they were crappy

I don’t think most of those were ever good!

This is true. Or,

and you realized it either without watching the first scene or you saw about 5 minutes and said “nah, whatever’s on overnight after the channel quits broadcasting is better than watching this.”

1 Like

To be fair, Geraldo opening Al Capone’s vault was cancelled after the first episode. :wink:

And holy crap, I’m old enough to remember Supertrain too!!!

1 Like

Heroes. Sorta lived up to the hype for a while, but fairly quickly fell apart.

1 Like

and most of those I don’t think lasted long enough for people to stop watching

yet, I kept watching

1 Like

I watched the whole 1st season. Didn’t make it far into the 2nd.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, Cop Rock is awesome. I bought the entire series (like $20 on amazon) before John Oliver even mentioned it.

Caillou is so whiney. He was banned in our house before he got canceled.

This one is fun to watch for the lolz.

433-4338371_surprised-pikachu-meme

Ted Lasso - enjoyed first season, but not gonna watch S2. For fear of nice overload

I’ll nitpick and say both of them.
The Cosby Show - Raven Symone killed it

Cosby - was never really good… I watched the pilot because I assumed it was an update/reboot on The Cosby Show… Cliff and Claire as empty-nesters and maybe the kids would make periodic guest appearances (hopefully excluding Raven Symone). When I realized that they were completely different characters and it had nothing whatsoever to do with The Cosby Show other than two actors in common, I stuck with it for two or three episodes but it just wasn’t that funny.

Agree… Charlie Sheen’s unexpected departure threw them for a curve they weren’t ready for.

Ally McBeal when Robert Downey Jr’s unexpected departure threw them a curve they weren’t ready for.

The episodes of That 70s Show without Eric

Lost interest in The OC shortly after Tate Donovan left. It was just so completely implausible that he’d leave the way they wrote him out that I honestly think they would have done better bringing in a different actor. Or he was still there in Orange County, still Marissa’s custodial parent but you just hardly ever saw him. Or kill him off. Something, anything other than what they actually did.

1 Like

Which time?

The first time, haha!

1 Like

How can we stop watching if we never started watching? :wink:

Supertrain :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I was so hoping it would be a good show but they tried copying Love Boat too much. So painful.

Walking Dead. I think we watched 9+ seasons. For the first 8 seasons or so it was appointment TV, Sundays at 9. Then in season 9 we’d miss a show here or there and just catch up during the week. By then, there was no water cooler talk to spoil anything. In season 9, we missed some and just never bothered to catch back up.

Shameless. After Fiona left, I just stopped watching. Only so many outrageous situations people can get into and out of.

Simpsons. Faithful watcher for some 15 seasons. Still like it, but no longer appointment TV on Sundays.

There are many shows that I have not seen every episode. Most of them are sitcoms that offered little or no continuity from episode to episode. Or crime shows, again with little to no overlap, like any of the Law & Order series.

I’ll be watching ep 1 of this season’s “The Rookie.” But might be the last. Just boring old commercial network TV not being edgy enough and not imaginative enough.

As I suspected, FCC-approved family fare.
The killing off of a major character was surprising. So, new rookie for the show called “The Rookie”.

And,… I’m done with “The Rookie.” It has been taken off of my OnePass.

Good Witch. There is a lot of romance, a little kissing and that’s it. Just watched an episode where the carpenter broke up with his girlfriend even though the newest Meriwick girl took him to get clothes to impress her at a formal party and was flirting with him. If it were Virgin River (see my note above) they would have torn each others clothes off and humped, but instead she just joins him in sanding the plank he was working on, and cut to the next scene.

And the mayor always thinking her hubby forgot a birthday or anniversary and he ends up surprising her. After the fifth time, it gets old.

The second Meriwick girl is the only one with bad luck in the show. Everyone has a happy ending. Even the divorced people like each other. Sigh. No drama

I was influenced to watch “Average Joe” because a relative is working on it (also a big Dodgers fan, so, since it’s filming in Atlanta, he’ll be able to go to the NLCS games if they win tomorrow), but it’s just sappy FCC-approved network drama. Stopped after two episodes.

1 Like