TV shows you stopped watching because they were crappy

2 Likes

like, did Pam and Jim really need to wind up married? I was rooting for them to break up and her to go back to that beefy dumb dude from the warehouse.

Happy Days was great but then it Jumped the Shark, especially when Ted McGinley showed up.

I wasn’t a big fan of Love Boat but I for sure stopped when Ted McGinley showed up.

I never really watched Married…With Children but it got bad when Ted McGinley showed up. He ruined three shows!

2 Likes

Regarding Virgin River, Somehow I’m still intrigued even though it’s all about Mel and Jack humping, thrn fighting, then humping again. And the teenagers are humping, the old people want to hump. For a show called Virgin River, nobody is a virgin.

And that sure ain’t California, which always seems to be in drought. Never that verdant. Mostly brown. It’s really filmed in British Columbia.

I used to be a huge fan of the Simpson’s but I’m not on top of pop culture anymore and, yah, the kids don’t grow up.

1 Like

My 600 lb. Life. Too depressing.

The Bachelor. After two seasons. They rarely get married. 21 days to find your life partner with so many distractions from other prople? Nah.

Dancing with the Stars.

1 Like

Just thought of two more:

Nip/Tuck
American Horror Story

I think it is season 5 I stopped watching Nip/Tuck, if that’s when it picks up after McNamara’s divorce.

AHS: Freak Show, which was season 4, started off so good, but went downhill when they offed the creepy clown and had the mama’s boy take the clown’s place. I’ve tried watching some of the other seasons like Hotel and Roanoke, but ended up switching to something else because some of the scenes were just over the top.

I can’t think of a cartoon or comic strip where the kids grow up that actually works for me.

AHS lost me halfway through Roanoke because of over the top gore. Couldn’t handle it anymore and never went back.

Same thing happened when the baseball bat guy showed up in The Walking Dead.

Both of those are gory shows anyway, but apparently there’s a line where I can’t take any more.

2 Likes

Stranger Things. The first season was okay-ish, then it went downhill from there.

Ozarks, didn’t watch S3. If they all died that would be worth watching.

1 Like

Disagree with this. I rewatched all 3 seasons recently with my tween daughter and it was amazing.

2 Likes

Agree with this completely. I only got about halfway through season 2 before I was hoping for everyone’s untimely death.

Cheers when Kirstie Alley joined up.

1 Like

X files. Forget when I gave up on it.

Manifest. Worst show I’ve ever seen.

I can’t believe we suffered through as many eps as we did (probably 4-5). Every time I scroll through the guide and see that it’s still on it absolutely blows my mind.

By no means a complete list. Really disappointed none of you mentioned any of these.

Supertrain
Cop Rock
The Colbys
Manimal
Barney & Friends
Caillou
Jersey Shore
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
Geraldo opening Al Capone’s vault
Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire
AfterMASH
Coupling (the U.S. version)
Joanie Loves Chachi
The Chevy Chase Show
Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Mulaney
Rob
Big Brother
Survivor
The Tonight Show (after Johnny Carson retired)
A.N.T. Farm [to be honest, just about every Disney show of the last 15 years goes here, but that one was chewed-up nails across nylon]
Anything ever on MTV that wasn’t music-related
Every singing contest show after maybe Season 3 of American Idol
Teletubbies
The Bachelor (and The Bachelorette)

A lot of those you would have had to start watching them in order to stop watching them.

7 Likes

I’ve only ever heard of a few of those, and never started watching any of them.

I guess I’ve caught parts of a few episodes of The Tonight Show, but I wouldn’t say I “watched” it.