TV shows you stopped watching because they were crappy

If you mean Ordinary Joe, I agree.

My spouse wanted to watch, I gave it two episodes (I was done after one, but tried once more for spouse’s benefit). I think my problem with it is I don’t actually agree with the premise and so cannot force myself to care, because I can’t ever remember thinking “what if I had chosen differently”, but my spouse thinks everyone does…

Well, I think people do this (I will occasionally think, “What if I chose one of the other accepted colleges instead of the shitty one I went to?”), for about a minute. They don’t make a multi-season series for it, unless they are OCD and can’t get out of the trap. I would have stuck to it if it were a limited series.

I’m going to watch the first couple episodes of The Wheel of Time tonight (I read the series…yes, the entire series!)…from the reviews I’ve read, I will probably stop watching after tonight.

Whatever the new show is about the “first family of country music” that’s going to debut in January … I’m going to stop watching it before it ever debuts, because it already looks crappy.

All American TV

1 Like

Watched 2 episodes of “You” based on a friend’s rec. Seriously considered no longer being friends with said person. It was that bad.

1 Like

Never heard of it. Why was it so bad?

I’ve seen most of it. Havn’t finished season 3 yet. I thought it was ok. It gets more interesting when you see how good Joe is at killing people.

Did you stop? As someone else who has read the entire series I enjoy the show.

As to the thread title… “Manifest” was awful. Got a few episodes in and each episode just felt like it dragged on.

Manifest has the stain of being a very close near-copy of Lost, which ultimately sucked.

No, I didn’t stop. I’m enjoying it, as is my son (who absolutely loved the book series).

1 Like

I was informed on Reddit that because I loved the books and I’m enjoying the show, I must not have been a real fan of the books. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That’s why I don’t Reddit.

And there are lots of threads here that make me wonder why I GoA! Gotta stick to the Movies/TV/Book/Music/Etc and Sports topics…

1 Like

Yeah, I can definitely understand the appeal but the first couple episodes were just too cringe-y for my taste. Maybe I’ll go back and try to power through when I have more free watching time.

The whole premise of the show is cringe-y, so if that’s what you mean I don’t know if you’ll enjoy it at all.

I watched the whole first season & stopped watching a couple episodes into season 2, more because I simply lost interest & got distracted by the next shiny thing than because I thought it was “crappy” or the quality had dropped off.

At least through season 1 I thought the writing was fairly crisp & the acting - especially by Penn Badgley - was pretty good.

Yeah, the end of the 2nd season of You gets pretty ridiculous. It caused me to ask out loud “who the hell writes this kind of crap?” I still wanted to see the story’s conclusion, as far fetched as it was.

I found the whole concept of California culture to be funny. I wonder if real life Californians are really such space cadets in regards to food, health, spirituality, social media, etc

There are plenty of Californians who don’t work in “The Industry.” They are not as interesting to write about as the weirdos, though.

2 Likes