Tom Brady Sacrificing Marriage To Play Football

Hmm, can never be sure, but seeing her interact with her children at football games it’s quite clear there is real affection and familiarity between them. Speaking of that there seems to be some longing in the children when they are around Tom himself so this may have been coming for a while.

1 Like

you say this from experience?

from human experience

This is fascinating thinking. Thanks for writing it. It touches a bit on something I discussed with my mom (psychology background and a therapist for about a decade out of college) about how it seems some people get stuck at certain awarenesses in life and can’t get over the hump. Like some people in their early to mid 20’s start to realize they aren’t special like we all do, they suppress it because it shames them and then they develop unhealthy behaviors. Tom Brady never dealt with that because he is one of the few humans that society really did deem special.

I think i heard in a podcast at one point that when a researcher interviewed various elite athletes to see what allowed them to endure the endless practice required for their achievements, then all described finding something beyond themselves in their sport.

this doesn’t mean an element of personal insecurity and desire for glory doesn’t play a role. but i don’t think ego alone is enough to sustain real achievement. if it’s all about ego, then it’s better to simple pretend to achieve. you get bernie madoff, not warren buffet or tom brady.

all humans have ego

If Gisele gets half of Tom’s possessions, will he become an eighthback?

5 Likes

what if the genders were switched? Rich husband pressures wife to quit the sport she loves to stay home and watch the kids? There would be outrage

1 Like

only if gisele plays center

ultimatum is a bluff btw. If she really wants him home with family how does a divorce serve that?

If Tom gets half of Gisele’s possessions, will he become a halfback or even a fullback?

3 Likes

That’s a generous estimate, considering how things that Brady touches tend to deflate…

4 Likes

looks like they officially just filed. Wasn’t a bluff!

This isn’t even close to true.

3 Likes

Tom Brady. Once a cheater. Always a cheater.

12 (psi)

tapegate

I wonder if he could do that for the economy.

probably not true for you. but true in general.

Hmm, I’m trying to think how I would quantify. You blanket your cynicism at times. I don’t think things are as bleak as you do.

You’re right. I can’t really support my claim. And I expect those who do agree with me might be reluctant to do so.

Suffice to say that love can be fickle. Some people do get lucky. Many don’t. Most? That depends on your worldview.