Thread where actuaries diagnosis medical issues

A low density region? Cleveland Clinic site mentions liver cysts, which are fluid filled sacs. Might require nothing but monitoring. Other possibilities too.

Yeah, that’s what I’m seeing too. Likely nothing but wise to make sure it’s nothing.

I have a weird tingling in my right leg, and I’ve had it for a few weeks. It feels a lot like the tingling I have in my right arm, from my herniated disc. So one would probably conclude that it’s from that, only the vertebrae that make a leg tingle are not the same as the ones that would make an arm tingle, and what are the odds I have two different herniated discs at the same time, given there was no injury that caused it??

So I’ve decided I probably have a DVT that will become a PE at any point. Do I have any symptoms of DVT? No. Should I just go see my doctor about this? Probably, but then I can’t be simultaneously in denial about this and also convinced I’m dying. The truth is worse than the worry. Or possibly better, but obviously in this case it will be worse.

There are a lot of things that can cause tingling in the leg. You might sit in a way that irritates a nerve. You might have some obstruction in the spine or some other joint. I think DVT is a less likely cause.

If it bothers you, see a doctor. You might be able to do some minor physical therapy to prevent it from getting worse.

1 Like

Chiropractors can often fix stuff that doctors can’t. Acupuncture works for some. Essential oils and herbs deserve some consideration, as well as improved diet. They’re all part of helpful health care.

2 Likes

not gonna say I’m pouring one out for you yet, but I might have just opened it to be ready.

kidding aside, if it persists and is a worry please see a doctor.

1 Like

I have assne. Acne on my ass. I don’t understand.

Best guess, I was taking minocycline for mostly face but also chest acne but ran out recently after about a year. The doc wanted me off it eventually so I didn’t worry, just continued cleaning as normal. I do wash my ass for the record, and have started taking soak baths.

But now I have assne. Not something that can be popped, but also not quite cystic in the way you’d expect. Almost like hives. Have an appointment with a dermatologist next week about it.

Can’t figure out what the fuck my body’s doing.

Taking doxycycline (antibiotic pill) and using a cream (triamcinolone acetone) has calmed my random acne/inflammation a bit, however it’s spreading. It’s encroaching on both sides of my ass as well as a bit on my thighs and genitals. (I do shower and sometimes bathe every day.)

My arms have also been breaking out into hives. This isn’t new but combined with the assne it makes me wonder what’s going on. I’m occasionally taking Hydroxyine (like Benadryl, but with a focus on the skin) to sleep proper, though my partner woke me up last night because I kept scratching myself in my sleep.

Hoping another week or so on this, I’ll be on the mend. We shall see. My daily routine is

1. the Acetone cream on legs/genitals/sometimes arms

2. Shower. Immediately after, moisturizer everywhere.

3. Remain, then midday, acetone.

4. Same thing again later in the evening.

5. Moisturize before bed.

Time to chat with your doctor, i think.

For what it’s worth, i use triamcinolone, too, and the last dermatologist i went to said not to use it on my genital area, and gave me hydrocortisone (a milder steroid) for that.

Oh, and if you think it’s bacterial, you could try the scorched earth method, and splash some betadine over everything. That’s an iodine-based antiseptic, mostly used for wound care, and it makes a huge mess.

It’s a recent development, but if it keeps getting worse I will certainly be going back. They told me wait 10 days, with using the meds, and it’s been 6. It does feel the locus of inflammation has been getting better so it might just be a delayed spread of whatever is happening. Maybe it dies down soon but needs a few days.

oh, and wash everything that touches it in hot water, and use a hot setting to dry it.

I get a rash under my breasts from time to time. I think that’s what I originally got steroid (and antifungal) cream for. I can’t wash my bras that way, they need to be treated gently. But whenever I get a rash now, I use a sharpie to mark that bra. And if I get a rash and see that the bra is already marked, I throw it away. I’ve gotten a lot less rash under my breasts since doing that.

Has shingles been ruled out?

Perhaps try calamine lotion for nighttime sleeping?

I haven’t been tested for shingles. Actually this is very possible. I have had chicken pox, and although I’m “younger”, I am on multiple immunosuppressants.

Looking at pics it looks like my ass could be a mild form of shingles. Doesn’t quite explain my arms with hives forming and going away 8 hours later… however it could be part of it. I will ask my doc.

1 Like

If it’s on both sides of your body (both arms, for example) it’s typically not shingles.

Ah, that is the case so perhaps not. It’s sorta full-body. The assne is a new thing that my doc speculated is folliculitis, but I frequently have full-body itching, hives on both arms and legs and back and chest. The doctor said that’s very hard to diagnose. So I really have no idea.

1 Like

Sounds similar to an affliction I have: chronic idiopathic urticaria. Layman’s translation: you have bad hives, but we have no f’in idea why. I’ve been biposied, poked, and prodded by multiple docs with no solution for years…

Its been a while since I had a bad outbreak. I can usually get it under control with an antihistamine cocktail, but you should discuss with your doc. I take zyrtec/generic daily. I’'ll add heavy benadryl dosage on top of that if its flaring. I’ll add some famotidine on top of that for max effect. Famotidine is not an antihistamine, but it has similar effects and is an off label usage.

If it’s bad enough, antihistamines won’t touch it, then I have to go to the doc for the steroids/ prednisone. I hate that for side effects, and there is a risk of “steroid rebound” where the symptoms come back worse after you stop. A taper period where you reduce dosage for a while helps reduce risk of steroid rebound.

Most severe outbreak I had resulted in much of the hair on my lower legs falling out. It never grew back (10+ years later now). Right leg below the calf looks like I shave it

Good luck.

The milder of search results looks like how I’ve presented at times.

I’ve been taking Hydroxyzine as it was already prescribed as-needed for anxiety. However, it doesn’t seem to do much…

I’ve been on Prednisone several times for other issues. Yuck. Thanks

My daughter is allergic to cold. Nothing too harmful, just hives ,but took a while to diagnose. We finally figured it out, she’d break into hives everytime she went swimming when we were on vacation up north. The cold lake water triggered her symptoms.

1 Like

I have heard about that. At first I thought it was a joke but I’ve since seen it mentioned in various places.

My husband has had pain that started near his knee, then spread up his leg, ended in his lower back for several days. It went away last night, after about a week, but now he has clusters of small red blisters (without pain or itchiness) from his foot up to his thigh - different from where the pain was previously, and only on one leg. No idea how long he has had the blisters because he didn’t feel them, I am the one who noticed them.

He also has a fever of around 100. He typically runs around 98. He is run down and tired, covid test is negative. Tylenol and Advil aren’t really doing much for the fever, he took Advil this morning and the fever lingered for four hours after that before it broke, then it returned.