Thread to post significant signals / advances by the opposite (or same) sex

I believe the Lounge is only accessible to members that have reached Trust Level 3 here. Snake, looks like you are still at Level 2 but have most of the boxes checked to reach level 3.

Do you have something delightfully NSFW to share??? :popcorn:

I could make it happen in the Lounge.

Woman I took home from a party (she couldn’t drive that night) and I went out tonight. While taking her home I asked her to put her address in my phone to have a map/directions to her house. She snapped a fun picture and put in her phone # too. Anyway, we went to Dinner at a local small Mexican tequillya place then a rooftop bar overlooking the river. She is fun. But very insecure. Context for the insecure:
1.) She said she wore her glasses to “hide” her eye wrinkle’s
2.) she kept saying I was skinny and she was fat
3.) she said I am too handsome for her
4.) Said she’ll never find someone worthwhile cause she’s been divorced 2x and has a shitty 28 y/o daughter.

When she said these things I’d immediately reply “I think you are “ and added in the verbiage from above. Hmmm. I should prolly run from this one.

2-4 seem like red flags.

unless you look like brad pitt.

need pics

:frowning:

Fun story about gaydar… my first boss out of college apparently everyone knew straight away he was/is gay. I had no idea.

So anyway we all were gonna meet up in the city for drinks and we all met at his apartment first and it was the most interior designed apartment I think I’ve ever seen and I said to my girlfriend now wife “you know I wonder if he’s gay…” and she was like you didn’t know he’s gay???

1 Like

so did you hook up with him or not, don’t leave us hanging

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not very trustworthy. Stalwart and loyal, but not trustworthy.

Not at the moment. I’m a little bummed out that I can’t corrupt myself further but they need to keep us un-trustable riff-raff out of the lounge. A no reptile rule or something. I get it.

i have been in social settings where a person was just so negative about themselves. i was so sad for them, like…that’s no way to live.

I went on a date with Sara with no H last night. Played some disc golf, drank some beer and cider at a local brewery. We were having a great time. Except, she’d text in the middle of our conversations periodically. I got annoyed:
T-: Hey, who are you texting, is it important (I was thinking it could be her son (17) or daughter (26).)
Sara no H: “No, its my BFF”.
T-: Ahhh, whats SHE up to?
Sara no H: Its a HE, and HE is at home playing video games
T-: You’re texting a dude? When you are on a date?
Sara no H: Well its my BFF. I text him a lot
T-: Well, I’ll leave you to your texts. This date is done
Sara no H: Are you upset with me, don’t be upset…yadda yadda
T-: Not upset at all, very disappointed though. wouldn’t you be if I was swiping right on women durring a date? Good luck and bye.

Then my phone started to blow up - I didn’t read much then blocked her number

FLICK that noise.

My best friend is a straight girl.
Did you ask if the bff is gay?

Has nothing to do with it. If you are on a date, you wait until later to text someone back, unless it’s an emergency.

1 Like

Rude to be non-urgent text chatting on a date.

yes it’s rude, but not as rude as what t-roy is suggesting here, because he clearly didn’t mind as much if it was a girl since you know…he asked if it was a girl.

Obv it bugs some more than others. There is no wrong for how much it bothers someone.

Doesnt work for t-roy, thats cool. He is responsible for sticking up for what he wants/needs.

It strikes me as rude to be that into the texts w others on a date. I have no idea if thats a dealbreaker for me bc i dont date and havent since before texting existed

It is certainly rude to be texting away with someone in a first date. Beyond that, it shows an extreme lack of compatibility with TRoy based on both this post and prior ones indicating listening to others is important. Good go ahead and nip this in the bud as this one wasn’t a fit

So what would have been an assertive way to say “hey, can you stop texting, I’m really trying to get to know you”.

I mean, there were a few times where I stopped talking and waited for her to stop texting. I thought that was pretty obvious that I didn’t appreciate it. Passive I know, but I don’t want to come off of as rude either.

I think this is the best starting point.

Since dates are “getting to know you” territory, I would say that you share that you’re the type that greatly appreciate full attention during a conversation; especially meaningful conversations.

You could also state having a position that communication is less than ideal when one’s attention is split multiple directions–like trying to text and drive or texting while having an in-person conversation.

If they don’t get these particular hints (or don’t follow up on them), then they’re not that interested in you as a person.

1 Like