Thread to discuss when the police kill a civilian

Gun was not pointed at police.
Dude was asleep on couch and grabbed his gun (legal gun owner) in response to noise of a break-in.
Police shot him as he was waking.

2 Likes

I’m just going off what was described in the article.

IF he pointed the gun at the police, then that was a death sentence 100% of the time.

And IF trips to the moon were free we’d all go there on vacation. Which is precisely as relevant to the conversation as your statement.

I’m going off of what I read in the article. Why would I assume the opposite? Unless I’m trying to prove a certain biased point, which I’m not.

If another article is presented to me that discredits the first article, then I will change my conclusion.

Also, that’s a terrible analogy, I expect no less.

Please show me where the fuck in the article it says that Locke pointed his gun at a police officer?

I know you go out of your way to defend the cops, but straight up lying about stuff is pretty impressive for you.

1 Like

It’s in there.

Nope, I don’t defend cops. I defend logic. And I don’t lie.
If the cops killed him for no reason, they deserve to be axed. I’m not sure why I would want to defend cops.

Bullshit.

I just reread it twice.

Please provide the exact quote where the article said he pointed the gun at the cop, because it did not fucking happen.

This is in my city, I have been following it.

He didn’t have time to point the gun at the cops.
They executed him without giving him a chance.

Watch the video.
It is available.
There is no reason for you to continue spouting falsehoods when the evidence is out there.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll take your word for it if you’re so certain you’re right.

In the article you posted, there is a link to another article which says a police statement claims he pointed a weapon in the direction of officers. Certainly indirect, but I think solely reading the article it would be unclear if he did or did not.

Police statement (shockingly a lie!!!) was not included in the article, because the video had already been released that had proved it false.

2 Likes

I have not been following it, and believe you that the statement is refuted by video. I was just trying to point you to how one might read what you originally posted and think it was possible he pointed a gun at police.

Yes, that “right to bear arms”, and especially the individuals right that the courts read into the clause in… I’m thinking the 1970s, turns out to have been a massive mistake. I doubt there’s any way to fix it. But we’d be better off without that “right”.

And that’s why no-knock warrants should essentially never be granted. Because once the police smash down a door they are effectively sentencing a legal gun owner to death.

Ending the war on drugs would be a good start. Most of those police murders of innocent people start out as a search for drugs.

3 Likes

Agree with both.

3 Likes

Nothing to do with being an island. Most of Europe is similar.

The police murder of Ronald Greene is old news, but what’s new today is an internal affairs video of the officer that in his own words “beat the ever living phuck” out of the victim:

Disgusting Background:

It’s probably not surprising that no one has ever been charged. This happened in 2019. It started getting more national attention after the arrest video was leaked in 2021. I imagine the official story would still be that he died from injuries after crashing into a tree had these videos not been made public.

This seems like the best thread for this, as the anger directed at Kloba-cop is because they intentionally chose to do it over the week that includes the anniversary of Georgw Floyd’s murder.

BTW, the vast majority of those deaths are from covid, likely maga-rotted brains that refused to get vaccinated.

How does covid count as line of duty? Do they only count it if they think it was contracted while on duty?

1 Like

That is a wonderful question.
Particularly considering that I thought the courts said it was an OSHA overreach to consider it a workplace risk.
Likely law enforcement claims it as work related so they can:

1. Extort enhanced death benefits from the communities they “served”
  2. Use it as propaganda for things like this to get more sympathy
  3. Use it to misrepresent the risk of their job to get increased funding.