Thread to discuss when the police kill a civilian

You realize you’re agreeing with my statement. Keyword: If

RDO and JSM are totally cool with police killing their kids because “hey sometimes accidents happen” it’s a acceptable loss to live in a police state. Got it.

1 Like

Reading comprehension is certainly taking a hit today.

How true.

Actually, I was pointing out that you were wrong. Armed police save more lives, innocent or otherwise, than they take. The cost of that is that, being human, sometimes they get it wrong. Your position ignores the innocent lives that would be taken by criminals if armed cops weren’t there.

Turn the outrage up to 11, that’ll convince 'em. :roll_eyes:

I think I’d feel less bad being killed by a criminal than someone who was there to protect me.

You two do know the the original warrant requested was not a no-no knock warrant but was later changed and the police have not released and info why and that while a legal gun owner did grab his gun when the door was busted down it was not pointed as officers and it does not appear he is even aware of his surroundings. But how could the police possibly have foreseen that breaking into someone’s apartment in the night could possibly startle someone.

1 Like

Not saying I disagree, but you should really provide some evidence for this statement. It’s not axiomatic. With the ridiculous number of guns in our country it is probably necessary, but I’m 100% certain that there is a way to make our system safer for everyone.

No, I did not know And if you actually bothered to read my posts you’d know exactly what I do know and what I don’t know. But you’re so quick to label people and pass judgment you forgot how to read properly.

Almost a quick as you are to defend police without reading anything about the incident.

1 Like

Where did I defend the police?

All my statements are conditional.

And my “facts” are from the article posted, where it said the victim pointed the gun at the police.

I encourage you both to watch the video and rethink your position.

1 Like

There’s nothing to rethink here. If the situation is different from what was initially described, then I would have a different conclusion.

That doesn’t mean that I’m taking a side like you’re accusing me of doing.

In the UK, police are not usually armed and our murder rates are substantially lower than yours.

1 Like

The UK has about 5 guns per 100 residents.
The US has about 120 guns per 100 residents.

That might have something to do with both the murder rate and the practicality of putting police on the street without guns.

Aren’t you glad the US is on its own continent and not connected to Eurasia

So less access to guns for everyone is more important than arming police.

1 Like

Potentially. All we need is an amendment to the Constitution.

UK police are also aided by Britain being an island and having a HUGE number of surveillance cameras in major population centers. I’d hate trying to be a cop say, along a drug route by the Mexican border now, much less without a gun.

Probably. If I could snap my fingers and make that happen, I would. Unfortunately, I do not have magic fingers.

Ending the war on drugs would probably help too

5 Likes