Thread for things you regret

If any stranger offered to drive me somewhere, i’d likely say no regardless of what they look like. i wouldn’t trust a stranger.

Hitch-hiker: Thanks for the lift. I really appreciate it.

Me: No problem; we’re going the same direction.

Hh: Aren’t you worried that I’m a serial killer or some such?

Me: The odds of having two such people in the same car is extremely low . . . practically zero!

2 Likes

So do serial killers get just as nervous as regular people when they walk down a poorly lit alley at night? Is there anyone on here that can speak to that?

Yes and yes.

1 Like

I read somewhere recently that psychopaths CAN feel fear, but don’t really know how to turn that fear into an action against a threat.

:tfh:

1 Like

I just knocked off a box of…oh wait, serial killer not cereal killer, nvm.

3 Likes

I was cycling in Arizona long time ago. Ran out of spare tires, so I hitchhiked into Pheonix to get some more.
I’m thumbing my way back on an interstate headed north, this VW van picks me up. I hop in and away we go. The guy immediately takes the next exit off the interstate and starts heading west - no explanation. I’m like, uuuuuuh, I need to keep going north, where are you going?
Anyway they pull over and dump me off,I had to bust it a mile back to the interstate and start hitchhiking again.
Next guy picks me up is in some muscle car. He rolls down the window and tells me I have to crawl in the window dukes of hazard style because the door’s wired shut.
that trip gave me a lot of memorable experiences. Actually, cycling trips around canada and the US gave me quite a few memorable experiences.

Those nachos I ate for dinner.

1 Like

With spaghetti sauce???

1 Like

2 Likes

That I didn’t bookmark that not engaging quote by NA.

2 Likes

This one? :wink:

2 Likes

Trying a Peeps flavored Pepsi.

3 Likes

I like peeps, but I’d rather not try that abomination.

2 Likes

It tasted worse when than I’d expected.

2 Likes

I liked peeps (a lot) as a kid. I ate one as an adult and thought it was abominable. I don’t know what happened. I thought I knew myself.

1 Like

Too many peeps.

3 Likes

Mrs F loves some peeps. told me not to get the pink ones - not for the cancer risk (as california notes) but bc she said “i think maybe the red food dye makes me mean.”

had a field day then with comments like “they must sneak that red dye into all manner of things…” this went well for me

5 Likes