Thread for things you regret

I don’t like the pink ones because most red dye has a funny aftertaste. I like the white ones because I don’t need the food coloring.

There actually is some research on negative effects of a few fake red dyes…

ETA.

Red Dye 40: Safety, Side Effects, and Food List.

1 Like

Let the bad choices commence!

1 Like

Current options:
Ice cream
Vodka
Cinnamon tortilla chips (would have to make)

Ice cream in the vodka, like a boozy milkshake. Would be a lot better if you had rootbeer too.

Wut?

:exams;

I would regret that.

2 Likes

Spread butter on a flour tortilla and heat in a skillet and spread cinnamon sugar on it or butter and cinnamon sugar and bake in the oven.

1 Like

Oven is better but I’m lazy and have low standards

1 Like

Skipped the alcohol. No kid tonight so didn’t want to blow the chance for good sleep.

1 Like

Not regretting yet but a currently favorable amount of alcohol has been consumed.

Probably going to regret that midafternoon coffee.

2 Likes

I forgot about the 2 packages of tzatziki I bought. They expire 11/21.

2 Likes

Should’ve worn a mask in the store. Hopefully the cashier only had a smokers cough.

1 Like

I regret that you didn’t use the word “rue” instead of “regret.”

1 Like

I regret initiating a 360* review process for our team. Got some HARSH feedback about my blind spots.

1 Like

“Would we consider loyalty a weakness? If not, im also really honest.”

I think these are really useful in theory, but in practice it encourages things like what you mention. Whether that’s fair or not is a different discussion, but my experience has been that the people who most need to hear harsh feedback about their performance as a manager [people who are poor managers, people not respected by others around the company] also are the most likely to ignore it when it doesn’t reinforce what they want to believe about themselves and are the most likely to give harsh feedback to their direct reports.

2 Likes