Thread for silly or stupid stuff you do

So the background noise of water running for the last 20 minutes, that had been assuming was the dishwasher, was actually the kitchen faucet.

1 Like

We used to have Cub Foods here, back in the 80’s and maybe as late as the early 90’s. I assumed they were now gone everywhere.

Well, the supermarket business is…fluid…every decade or so someone gets bought out or spun off or what not…regardless, Cub is a major player in MN - particularly, the Twin Cities Metro area.

1 Like

When you are working on something before lunch and when you come back you print it.

But only after you print the 70 page document, you realize you were only about 60% done with it…

[cross post with Annoyed Thoughts thread]

my heat stopped working in my apartment. turned it on and NOTHING. i put in a repair request with the building all ready to fight because I paid thousands to replace this unit with the building maybe 5 years ago and now it’s BROKEN??? WTF? finally days later, the handyman shows up. i’m all ready to fight with my N95 mask on cause he probably is bringing covid. he opens the unit and is all confused why it isn’t working. finally he looks at the plug AND IT IS NOT ENTIRELY PLUGGED IN!

problem solved!

1 Like

Sorry it was a faceplant situation but happy it was fixed easily. I had something like it. Replaced heater when ac went out this summer. Turn heater on for first time in late fall and it doesn’t work. Same failure mode as old heater had many years ago. Grousing to myself about stupid installers, didn’t they test this, under warranty I will be darned if I pay for this, blah blah blah. Guy comes out, and mud daubers built a nest in intake (first time in 11 years since intake was put in with last heater). I should have figured it out myself.

I went the wrong way down a one-way street this morning.

1 Like

Thread for silly or stupid stuff I do? I’m a dad, so it’s ongoing.

I call my dog over and ask her to sit. Then I announce “when you throw your jacket over them, you find out how smart they are based on how quickly they get out from under it”.
Then, I throw my jacket over my wife’s head.

4 Likes

2 Likes

does it have to be stuff I did? cause my sons gave me a :rofl: moment a couple of days ago.

I tell 13yo, “hey, take out the trash, will you?”

He goes to the garage, calls to 16yo, says, “Hey, 16, will you come out here for a minute?”

16yo goes out to garage, 13yo comes back in and announces, “Hey, DadBro, I took out the trash!” Hilarity and fistfights ensue.

6 Likes

Drove to the ski shop to get skis waxed without checking holiday hours. They open at 11, I arrived at 10:20, can’t decide if I should waste time for 40 minutes or drive home come back later.

Who am I kidding, I am going to waste 40 minutes.

username checks out.

1 Like

I was grinding some pepper into a bowl of soup when the pepper mill slipped out of my hands and hit the lip of the bowl. I lost some of the soup to the tablecloth. :angry:

1 Like

Husband threw coffee at the stairs (and all over one leg) this morning, so I made him a new cup and completely sealed it in saran wrap. #gotem

2 Likes

Threw or dropped? Throwing (to me) is a conscious act. Was he mad at the stairs for some reason?

Cross-post to home improvement thread:

Stupid stuff I did: re-tiled my bathroom floor with penny tile. On top of existing tile. In a 120-yr old house.

2 Likes

Based on the aftermath I think it was sort of both (but unintentional).

Yeah…they were giving him a long fixed or vacant look. It was creepy. He was trying to help them snap out of it.

Spilled some coffee on leg–coffee cup left hand with sudden jerk resulting in a “throw” in the coincidental direction of the stairs.

They were up to something . . . I just know it!
:judge:

2 Likes